Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://asmor.com/res/

This will let you select which options you want to use, tell you what game pieces you need to assemble, and provide a script. If your browser supports speech synthesis (Chrome and Chrome for Android do; Safari and iOS supposedly do but I can't test) it will even read the script aloud for you.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes (not counting variants which shouldn't be played together; if someone wants to try, I'm not gonna stop 'em ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!!

The script reads fine on Chrome/Safari on iOS, but the speech is very fast (the pauses are fine). I don't know whether that's an iOS issue or whether that's just how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be an issue with the default voice. This is my first time using the voice synthesis API... There are settings you can use to adjust the speed, but I just left it alone because I thought the rate was good in Chrome.

I'll consider adding some controls so you can modify the rate it reads back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried a 6p with Assassin module, the script didn't tell the Spies to close their eyes before the Commander opened theirs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It didn't speak it, or it didn't show up in the text?

It's working fine for me. Here's the script that's generated, and it spoke this exactly (with appropriate pauses)

Quote:
Everyone close your eyes and stick out your fists.

Spies, open your eyes. Everyone close your eyes and lower your thumbs.

Spies, raise your thumbs. Commander, open your eyes. Everyone close your eyes and lower your thumbs.

Everyone open your eyes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know what the problem was, but it's working fine now for me as well.

Asmor wrote:
It didn't speak it, or it didn't show up in the text?

It's working fine for me. Here's the script that's generated, and it spoke this exactly (with appropriate pauses)

Quote:
Everyone close your eyes and stick out your fists.

Spies, open your eyes. Everyone close your eyes and lower your thumbs.

Spies, raise your thumbs. Commander, open your eyes. Everyone close your eyes and lower your thumbs.

Everyone open your eyes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No sound on my iPad. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smullens
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
I actually have audio recorded with very similar scripts that I got from a
Voice actor on fiverr.

I've been trying to figure out a way to put together an app to do something similar to this site.

My plan (for personal use) was just to have a bunch of folders setup, with the finished audio in each folder on my phone. (IE a folder for 5 players, then a folder within that folder for a commander setup, within that folder a bodyguard folder, etc..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of different variations that are possible, I don't think pre-recorded sound is really feasible. Best case, you could record the parts of a sentence, but I don't think you'd be able to stitch them together without the joins being obvious and distracting.

I think my attempt to add more control over voices actually broke the sound on iOS... Will see if I can fix it tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just updated it so that *hopefully* it should work in iOS. But, of course, no way to test.

Also, if someone on iOS would be so kind, please visit this page: http://asmor.com/res/voices.html

That should print out a table of all the voices your device supports. Please take a screenshot of the table and provide it to me (email to itoltz@gmail.com, or post online somewhere), along with what device you're using and what browser. That would be super helpful.

For reference, this is what the table looks like in Chrome on Windows: http://i.imgur.com/KnshiXr.png

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just went to that page and it's just a blank white page... iPhone 6, Chrome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. That's interesting. And unfortunate. Is the voice working now in iOS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, doesn't look like it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blast.

Thanks for checking. Unfortunately, I have no clue what the problem is, nor do I have any way to really test it the way I'd need to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Andrews
United States
West Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thanks for creating this.

It works on Chrome for Mac. Does not work on Safari.

Does not work in Safari or Chrome on iOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.