The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the differences between the two, if any?

Curious before I go to ebay to get one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given how similar stuff in Star Trek Attack Wing works, probably entirely different upgrade cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Anderson
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't think it's known for sure. It seems probable that the retail release will be an adult white dragon (as opposed to the OP prize, which is an ancient white dragon), but that's just a guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diference in size then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fowler
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly it'll probably be the same model, they're sharing models with the icons of the realms set of minis so... Look at that full list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Along with the others who've replied, my guess is that it'll be the same model with a completely new batch of upgrades.
I'm also thinking that the maneuver dial will be more similar to either the blue or red dragons in the box set. The ancient white isn't the most nimble critter around.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably there will be a scenario with the regular release. (eBay copies are often sold with the OP1 scenario tokens.)

Wingstorm and Tailsweep are worth having multiples of. If the regular White isn't Ancient, then it won't have Tailsweep (handy for figures that might never manage to turn around). Wingstorm would be great on a low-level dragon (causing collisions) or on a named dragon with attack bonuses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon M
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
Wingstorm would be great on a low-level dragon (causing collisions) or on a named dragon with attack bonuses.

I've dreamed of an army that is nothing but copper dragons, each with Wingstorm. They would perform suicide runs into the middle of a cluster of enemies, then things would get all flappy.

I'm not saying it would be a "great" legion, or even a "successful" one...but it would be different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Green instead of Copper to get four of them into 120 points....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
Green instead of Copper to get four of them into 120 points....

Ever since I said I didn't like greens you've been trying to make a point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure that the 'point' was made by the designers when they made the Copper 28 points instead of 27. I'm not sure why the Green is one point cheaper. It just fits into simple builds better at 120 points that way. 3x (Green + Breath + Wingstorm) and a Ballista is also 120 points. If the figures cost 27 and 26 points I wouldn't have much to say (although Artillery Master would then fit on the Ballista...). Once you try to field more than two creatures, points really start to matter.

Generic Red, White, Copper (with one breath weapon), Shadow (with both breath weapons), Angelic Paladin and Ballista are all priced 1 point too high to divide into 120 points evenly. I suspect a plot. The designers just want you to buy 4 Green. But which of these builds are any good? I wouldn't want 4x Angelic Paladin if they were one point cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
I'm sure that the 'point' was made by the designers when they made the Copper 28 points instead of 27. I'm not sure why the Green is one point cheaper. It just fits into simple builds better at 120 points that way. 3x (Green + Breath + Wingstorm) and a Ballista is also 120 points. If the figures cost 27 and 26 points I wouldn't have much to say (although Artillery Master would then fit on the Ballista...). Once you try to field more than two creatures, points really start to matter.

Generic Red, White, Copper (with one breath weapon), Shadow (with both breath weapons), Angelic Paladin and Ballista are all priced 1 point too high to divide into 120 points evenly. I suspect a plot. The designers just want you to buy 4 Green. But which of these builds are any good? I wouldn't want 4x Angelic Paladin if they were one point cheaper.

I'm guessing the 1 point difference in the generic copper and green is based on their action bars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tacullu64 wrote:
I'm guessing the 1 point difference in the generic copper and green is based on their action bars.

Green has a Charge instead of Concentrate. Concentrate would help on defence with two dice and Charge is better with a stronger melee attack. I guess that might justify a 1-point difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prize white is an Ancient dragon. Retail Wave 5 White will probably be an Adult White Dragon or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The op white dragon figure is icy cold to the touch and flies on its own without the need of a stand to hold it up in the air.
The retail version is just a plastic dragon on a plastic base, it feels just like plastic and looks like a dragon on a stick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WizKid's designer A wrote:
Let's put hydrogen in the dragon to make it float!

WizKid's designer B wrote:
Won't that be a fire hazard?

WizKid's designer A wrote:
Don't worry, we'll use dry ice to keep the dragon cold. The CO2 will prevent fires.

WARNING: If your promo white dragon is no longer cold, it may explode. Keep away from red dragons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Beem
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
underling wrote:
Along with the others who've replied, my guess is that it'll be the same model with a completely new batch of upgrades.
I'm also thinking that the maneuver dial will be more similar to either the blue or red dragons in the box set. The ancient white isn't the most nimble critter around.

Kevin

I am not convinced the maneuver dial will be any different. Fluff-wise white dragons are the most aggressive and bull-headed. They charge and rush around and I thought the maneuver dial kinda reflected that. Other ancients will be more maneuverable. Whites should always be a bit boat-like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Brass is also ungainly (but different).

White: http://build.dndaw.com/card/creature/902
Brass: http://build.dndaw.com/card/creature/1802

Instead of 4 bank red the Brass has 2 hard red. Otherwise they look the same to me.

I think that Ancients are probably all hard to turn with high health and high attack values. After three of them as prizes we get into some unsual figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bors
msg tools
It would be "cool" if the named white was Ingeloakastimizilian seeing as how Drizzt will be out wave 5 and they could make the human warrior/barbarian Wulfgar. I am not sure on age of Ingeloakastimizilian so someone else may have to correct me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bors77 wrote:
Ingeloakastimizilian

AAAAaaaarrrggghhhh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Beorstruk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
Bors77 wrote:
Ingeloakastimizilian

AAAAaaaarrrggghhhh!

Just Iggy, to his friends. You're thinking of Argelizikaquinoakax
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIIIIIiiiiiigggggg!

No, that doesn't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.