Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis Canela
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Hi all.

As We start with 2 suspension points, which option is true:

1- I would lose once I have spent the second point.
2- I would lose once I need to spend the third point.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are referring to "Road Handling" damage, the rules are pretty clear on page 7 of the advanced rules:

"If a car loses its last road handling WP, it is eliminated
from the race."

So 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, "road handling" was "suspension" in Formula De. Anyway, all the last three categories of WP (bodywork, enginge, suspension/handling), you need at least one to "survive". So if you lose all in any of those three, you're eliminated.

(The same is sort of true for tires, but they have a special rule about losing the last point over and over as long as you don't lose more than that.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Canela
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Thanks both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
Yes, "road handling" was "suspension" in Formula De. Anyway, all the last three categories of WP (bodywork, enginge, suspension/handling), you need at least one to "survive". So if you lose all in any of those three, you're eliminated.

(The same is sort of true for tires, but they have a special rule about losing the last point over and over as long as you don't lose more than that.)

Can you explain that? =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tires? It's probably been explained 10 times here before, but okay: Basically if you have X tire points left, and lose EXACTLY X amount (no matter if X is 1, 7, or whatever), you spin out (start next turn in 1st gear) and keep your last tire point (only one, no matter how big X was). But if you lose MORE than X, you're eliminated. Hope that helped :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
The tires? It's probably been explained 10 times here before, but okay: Basically if you have X tire points left, and lose EXACTLY X amount (no matter if X is 1, 7, or whatever), you spin out (start next turn in 1st gear) and keep your last tire point (only one, no matter how big X was). But if you lose MORE than X, you're eliminated. Hope that helped

I bit yes, but why should he keep one tire point? Cant find anything about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it's the rule xD
I know it's horribly worded in the Formula D rules (page 5, bottom right), but that's what they mean.
You could of course just discard the last WP and then say "if you lose more than one NOW, you are out, but you can still lose one". It would be the same rule in effect, but just makes it a lot more complicated to explain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.