Subject: General Comment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
I hereby summon from the boardgaming community two supplementary materials for Princes of Florence. If you have created either, or are inspired to do so upon reading this, please email me and/or post a file link above! 1) A list of 21 historical figures from Renaissance Italy who fulfill "most recognizable Philosopher", "most recognizable Organ Maker", etc. I'd like to put these names on the cards to enhance the theme -- it just seems more interesting to sponsor a great work from Galileo than from
"Astronomer". (NB: the Italian Renaissance was roughly 1400-1600.) 2) A blank game-reporting chart. Since there's only 7 auctions and 14 actions per player, the game is very amenable to recording. I don't think it's necessary to record *everything* (eg what elements contributed to each work), but rather enough information so that people can look back and ask, "What was the going rate for X?", "How did this person win?", "Where did I go wrong?" I'm thinking just enough to identify all changes of money and prestige points, so: auction wins and rewards (eg "Grigio: Builder for 500, +3pp"), the first layer of data for each action (eg "Workshop for 300, +3pp", "16pt. work for +800,+4pp"), space for a note for each player each turn (eg "cashed in 2pp for 200", "+3pp best work", and space at the end to note prestige card awards. I may go ahead and make this one myself if nothing better comes along!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.