Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Alien Frontiers» Forums » General

Subject: Scattered reports that some KS backers are receiving their long awaited promo packs.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few people in the comments have reported shipping notifications as well as a few receiving their promo packs. No official word from GS but I guess yay?

This has been a very long drawn out project for sure, funded in May of 2013 and here we are on the cusp of 2015!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Razo
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I never thought it was going to take this long... I'm looking forward to the day that I finally get my copy... in 2015! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine last week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
Komodo wrote:

Still waiting for this & Alien Frontiers: Outer Belt. I think they might be shipping packages combing both last as people who only ordered one or the other seem to have neen getting their copies for at least a week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Komodo wrote:

Me too, and Outer Belt. Two separate shipments, but sent and received on the same day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received both; expansion and promo pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kadian O'Reilly
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm UK & really looking forward to all new promo packs & Outer Belt.
Love love love Alien Frontiers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be glad to finally close the chapter on game salute. I'm also happy to get the expansions however my game isn't getting to the table as much. Hopefully the expansions garner some new interest although I can't say I'm excited about outer belt when the designer even isn't interested in Playing nor knows the rules to his own game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:
Hopefully the expansions garner some new interest although I can't say I'm excited about outer belt when the designer even isn't interested in Playing nor knows the rules to his own game.

Actually I am eagerly anticipating the chance to play it, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:
I will be glad to finally close the chapter on game salute. I'm also happy to get the expansions however my game isn't getting to the table as much. Hopefully the expansions garner some new interest although I can't say I'm excited about outer belt when the designer even isn't interested in Playing nor knows the rules to his own game.

I've been hearing about the Outer Belt for years, and I can't wait to play it. Just because the designer is no longer enamored with the base game doesn't mean he made a bad design. Either way I will find out soon enough and at the very least I'll have more cards to add to the Alien Tech deck for my base games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember what I backed, but according to today's emails, apparently I getting

1x Alien Frontiers: The Secrets Of Antares - International

Whatever is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Moore
United States
San Dimas
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't even remember what I ordered anymore, but today I received the base game, factions, faction packs #1, #2, #3 & #4, and expansion packs #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 & #6. A relic die and rocket die was thrown in. Ok I just checked the kickstarter and this is what I ordered. I am assuming that the expansion packs are what they referred to as the promo pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Received mine plus Outer Belt in the mail today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine last week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine should arrive today. I saw at least one pic w/ everything in the main box so will probably shoot for that if possible once I get everything. At least one Outer Belt review indicated that it felt like a natural addition to the base game so that's a plus. Also tentatively excited for new Factions.

Edit: Received Friday, January 16 in TX. Only a little over a year past the expected date from the KS campaign and a month or so past the expected date for Outer Belt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrived in California.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Hill
United States
Blacklick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my stuff from GS yesterday but there is nothing in the box that looks like a promo pack. What does it look like?

Thanks,
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got:
Outer Belt (preordered - not from Kickstarter) a small box maybe 7-8" square
Faction Packs 2, 3, and 4 - these are in small boxes similar to Faction Pack #1
The "promo packs" - each in a little sealed envelope similar to a booster pack for many CCGs.

Looks like I can easily put the Outer Belt components and everything else into the main Alien Frontiers box if I get rid of their respective packaging. Just wish I had an option for the old-style colony markers with the Orange player bits for Outer Belt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could buy the gray or pink bits and paint them orange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the Rocket Dice campaign so that I could get my hands on Alien Frontiers 4th edition. So far I've gotten the base game, all the boxed expansions, the outer belt, and one unmarked promo pack, wrapped separately from everything else. No promo packs 1-6, and of course no rocket dice yet. I know Rocket Dice are still on the boat, but I'm not sure if the little promo packs are coming separately or if something has gone wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
I backed the Rocket Dice campaign so that I could get my hands on Alien Frontiers 4th edition. So far I've gotten the base game, all the boxed expansions, the outer belt, and one unmarked promo pack, wrapped separately from everything else. No promo packs 1-6, and of course no rocket dice yet. I know Rocket Dice are still on the boat, but I'm not sure if the little promo packs are coming separately or if something has gone wrong.

I'm in Canada and received a shipping notice on Jan. 5. I went to check tracking today and realized that this is the link they gave me:
http://www.google.com/search?q=FIMS

...A lot of help there. So who knows where it is or when I'll get it (or whether or not I'll have some obscene brokerage fee to pay when it gets here).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
The unmarked one is expansion pack #7 which was given to people who preordered the Outer Belt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked at the door, and I found a package from Game Salute! The wait is over!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Paul Klee, "Tod und Feuer" (1940)
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Outer Belt several weeks ago, but don't have the promos yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen reports of people in the UK who have received the Promo and Faction Packs, but what about continental Europe? Has anybody received their package yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.