Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Carol and I only played one game this weekend, Street Soccer, but we got in three good games.

In our first game I scored early, but this success caused me to become too aggressive. I sent three of my attackers deep into Carol's end hoping to control the ball. However, Carol was able to successfully clear the ball out of her end and then scored four unanswered goals! I only had one defender back to help my goalie and I was unable to clear the ball or get enough defenders back to help. Carol really cleaned my clock in this game, 4-1!

Our second game was sweet revenge! Carol consistently rolled poorly and wasn't able to formulate any type of defense or offense. Meanwhile my dice were HOT and I was passing, shooting and scoring with little opposition. I took this game 3-0 and (almost) felt bad for Carol.

Our third game of the weekend was the best. We went for a picnic to Bird Park in Walpole (MA) where we had an enjoyable lunch, walked our dog and spent a lazy afternoon reading and playing Street Soccer under the shade trees. This game was another defensive battle. Carol and I both played tough but she finally managed to score a goal in the 20th minute of the game. That gave me just 5 game turns to score and force an overtime. I was desperate! I rushed three attackers into her end. Carol wasn't able to clear the ball but she successfully blocked every shooting lane into her goal. It looked like she was going to win another close game, but I finally scored the tieing goal in the 24th minute of play ... GOOAAALLLL!! However, with just one minute of play remaining, Carol's goalie passed the ball clear down to my end. She had one attacker sitting in front of my goal! My goalie couldn't get to the ball and her lone attacker scored on the breakaway in the first minute of overtime. What a finish! If I wasn't already too emotionally drained from my desperate attack to tie the game I would have screamed! Carol won another exciting game 2-1 in overtime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.