Spartacus: The Serpents and the Wolf Expansion Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Test of Brotherhood clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Albo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a question for the card because every time the card is played, a heated discussion arises;-)

The card says 'Target Dominus gains +1 influence for Every 2 Gladiators they exhaust'

then could the dominus if he has 4 or 6 gladiators all exhausted and then gets 2 or 3 influence?
I find the card is too strong or can a other dominus prevent this? Only with Jupiters Cook, would i mean. Or can i play one of my Guards even if I don´t be the target of the scheme?

thanks for helping me and sorry for the bad english, grammar is not me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guards cannot counter a scheme that is not targeting you. Getting six gladiators is not easy and exhausting them all opens you up for a lot of hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, Guards cannot be used because tey dont target you. It does not seem too strong to us either: gladiators are not that cheap to buy, and they cost more and more gold each turn. Further notice that you must exhaust them for this card. If they were already exhausted for another reason (i.e. House baiatus abiliy) then they will not count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Albo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In my rounds we have sometimes 5 or 4 gladiators. we exhaust not so often gladiators we like to fight ;-) except for influence than we exhaust them.

But back to my central question is possible to exhaust more than 2 gladiators? That sounds strong for me.

Batiatus starts with 3 gladiators let him buy in game two more than he have 5 so he can get 2 influence with one play. The card is in my game rounds mostly the card which brings the win. I hate the card :-D never I get this card have no luck with cards :-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can exhaust any number of gladiators. Be careful not to exhaust them all - that will most certainly guarantee an invitation to the arena that you have to turn down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Albo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.