Subject: Component Quality- cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, let me say I like this game. I first played a friend's copy, before opening my own. He had mentioned some of his cubes coming out of the box stuck together, as if the paint had not been dry. Upon opening my own, I had even more of them stuck together. A total of about 11 cubes were stuck together in groups of 2 or 3, which was very disappointing. I was able to separate them, but of course some paint scratches resulted. I hope that not many copies have this issue, but just a note to let everyone know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the cubes in my copy were stuck together and the paint came off about 60% of them when separating.

I requested replacements from Z-Man, and they arrived on Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had about half a dozen pairs stuck together and the paint came off a bit in all of them when separating.

As a side note, maybe I'm just spoiled by German standards, but I was also a little disappointed with the glossy finish of the tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Vandelay
Canada
100 Mile House
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mine were all fine, thankfully. None stuck together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortunately mine weren't stuck together at all, so it must have just been a couple batches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my copy on Jan 10, and had no problems with my cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We JUST bought a copy today.

We already played and it's really very good (that's our meaning after two plays).

But most of our cubes have mold on them and the Thera tile is somewhat warped (some books on it will probably help with this I guess).

It's especially the moldy cubes that bother me because they also don't fit in the boats.

What can we do about this?

Thanks,

Günter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Just
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
That time when I was on The Dice Tower with Tom and Sam at Origins 2016 : )
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy today. I'm excited to play! Thanks to Rahdo for bringing this one to my attention.

This is totally nit-picky, but I was a little disappointed that the two player aids and market board was not the same thick cardboard as the tiles, but rather a type of glossed card stock "boards". Anybody know a good way to thicken those up to match the tile thickness? I just think they'll get bent and not sit flat after a while. Again, not a big deal, but would be nice to have something a little more hefty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pratama
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
DIY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was also stuck together, fortunately none of the paint is coming off,
but then again, I am also missing one grey cube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game over the weekend and my cubes don't fit in the boat square, the cubes have to be placed like a diamond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bogusgig wrote:
I just got the game over the weekend and my cubes don't fit in the boat square, the cubes have to be placed like a diamond.

That's surprising. Is it true for both boats? Did you try rotating the cubes, there's 3 ways to place each one into the boat. Cubes that were a tight fit in one direction for me fit fine when I tried a different axis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy didn't have any of the problems listed here. Everything was perfect.

I am looking for an upgrade to the boats however

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Wojtkielewicz
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
He who comes too late is punished by life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
My cubes were perfect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve PP
United Kingdom
Woolacombe
North Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scan and print the reverse sides then glue both to some thicker card. : D
oxygen6 wrote:
Got my copy today. I'm excited to play! Thanks to Rahdo for bringing this one to my attention.

This is totally nit-picky, but I was a little disappointed that the two player aids and market board was not the same thick cardboard as the tiles, but rather a type of glossed card stock "boards". Anybody know a good way to thicken those up to match the tile thickness? I just think they'll get bent and not sit flat after a while. Again, not a big deal, but would be nice to have something a little more hefty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.