Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Raabe
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the theme, even if others think it's a little thin, and it helps me to conceptualize the game. However, I couple of the fine points in the theme don't really seem to fit. The leader tokens representing leaders for one. They take up a whole space! I think it would be more relatable to gameplay if instead of a "dynasty" it was a civilization that you were representing. The leader markers would represent the different aspects of the civilization and the kingdoms might be prime examples of a civilization (all 4 markers of one player), or perhaps borrowed elements of several different civilizations (different player markers). And ultimately you'd be conflicting over your civilizations impact upon Mesopotamia.

Now the tiles themselves would represent dense areas of a particular aspect of a civilization. Think archeology, you'll find more farming implements in fertile land, more religious relics around temple centers, more evidence of maths and coinage around trade centers. The one that doesn't quit fit the theme is settlements. Should the marker represent military and the tiles represent quality/quantity of the kingdoms military? Should the marker represent a civilizations heredity and the tiles represent ancestral homogeny? Should the marker represent population and the tiles represent densely packed cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.