Toni
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello nice people,

I would like to hear your thoughts (if you want) about something that I was thinking those days... I bought S&S when was released while for RotR I waited till the second printing was out, where most of the card texts were fixed. So, maybe it will happen again that a revised version could be printed. What do you think about? Will I sufer the curse of the early buyer? Someone who has already played can share his opinion about if there are many cards that will need to be fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Happy new year to everyone around here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there will be a reprint of S&S. Or at least it is much less likely. RotR was reprinted because the demand was vastly greater than the supply, not just because cards needed correcting. Assuming they now understand the demand for S&S, that won't happen.

There are some cards that need correcting in S&S. I'm hoping Paizo and DriveThruCards will finish up the errata decks soon, which will take care of that problem.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q6el&page=7?Updated-cards-what-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
I don't think there will be a reprint of S&S. Or at least it is much less likely. RotR was reprinted because the demand was vastly greater than the supply, not just because cards needed correcting. Assuming they now understand the demand for S&S, that won't happen.

There are some cards that need correcting in S&S. I'm hoping Paizo and DriveThruCards will finish up the errata decks soon, which will take care of that problem.

First of all, thank you Hawkmoon. When I looked for some doubt that pops up when I was playing RotR, I came to bgg and many times you help me with your answers.

I don't know If I have understand the thread right. Now they are making errata decks for RoTR 1st edition? And maybe after that they could do the same with S&S?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are welcome.

They are going to make multiple errata packs. Some will be for first printing of RotR and some will be for second printing of RotR. They will also be doing S&S.

From how I understand it, there won't be just one deck for any of them. For example, 1st Printing RotR might have a deck just with Blessings of the Gods, and then a deck with just Undead. And I might decide, I don't need the Blessing of the Gods errata, but I do want the Undead errata.

And you, for example, would look for 2nd Printing RotR errata. And you could choose from the various errata packs for 2nd Printing RotR and decide which packs covered what you needed.

Basically you can decide your own "threshold" of what errata you personally need feel you've got everything covered.

And they'll keep going forward. As long as they keep making cards, they will issue errata packs when needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:

That's a long and convoluted list. Am I correct that there is a pending set of eratta cards? For which games and is it free/for sale and how much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
269Hawkmoon wrote:

That's a long and convoluted list. Am I correct that there is a pending set of eratta cards? For which games and is it free/for sale and how much?

Yes. They will be making them for both RotR and for S&S, and any future adventure paths (and will distinguish 1st Printing from 2nd Printing for RotR). They will be broken up into multiple packs, so that each person can decide which errata are serious enough for them that they need a new card.

They will not be free, but a price has not been announced. Paizo has said they will be priced so that Paizo does not profit from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super nice, thank you for that valious info. I will search where are the erratas on 2nd printing to see what I need, but if they are not so much expansive, I will buy it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:

They will not be free, but a price has not been announced. Paizo has said they will be priced so that Paizo does not profit from them.

I don't mind buying them at cost. I certainly wouldn't want to pay a premium for 30+ Blessings of the Gods cards with mistakes which should never have been made in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're feeling greedy, blame Karzoug! devil

I actually went through the second printing cards and compared them to the FAQ. I made my own homebrew version, but Paizo said I couldn't release it. Vic Wertz collected the information so the FAQ could be updated to indicate what questions apply to second edition.

The knowledge of what cards are impacted should be okay to share, consult Paizo's official FAQ if you want to know what the specific changes should be (or just use Hawkmoon's drop-in replacements). I also have the Updated Rulebook questions for RotR, which I think Paizo should totally re-issue as a new, free-to-download PDF; but it's my understanding Skull & Shackles is the rulebook that should be used for RotR (minus the ship parts); even though it's counter-intuitive for a customer to seek an updated rulebook by downloading one for a completely different game.

Information as reflected in the October 2013 FAQ update.

Base Set:
Cultist
Ambush
Sling (Throwing Axe is okay)
Tome of Knowledge
Blessing of Erastil (Character add-on deck is wrong)
Blessing of Gorum (Character add-on deck is wrong)
Blessing of Pharasma (Character add-on deck is wrong)
Lini's Shapeshifter and Wild Warden roles
Sajan's character card

Burnt Offerings
Attic Whisperer

Skinsaw Murders
Skinsaw Cultist
Zombie Horde
Zombie Nest
Arrow Catching Studded Leather
Medusa Mask
Blessing of Abadar

Hook Mountain Massacre
Here Comes the Flood
Muck Graul

Fortress of the Stone Giants
Courtyard
Ghoul Bat
Bracers of Greater Protection
Hill Giant Runeslave
Jorgenfist Stone Giant
Restoration

Sins of the Saviors
Thassilonian Sins
Xyoddin Xerriock
Mummy
Bolstering Armor

Spires of Xin-Shalast
Assault on the Pinnacle
Scaling Mhar Massif
Road through Xin-Shalast
Silas Vekker
Hidden Beast
Horror Tree
Bewilder
Dominate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should add that Vic Wertz's observation of "Technically, FAQ postings aren't covered by the CUP" could mean I'm free to talk about errata as I see fit, but the default for copyright is "not allowed", so it's safer if I say nothing and let Vic give me the all-clear. Hopefully, he'll make the point moot by updating the FAQ as part of his New Year's resolutions (eg - soon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I look on Hawkmoon's drop-in replacements 6.10 and I look for a couple of cards and I wonder that my second edition card are already printed like that.
I look medusa mask, ambush... And they look exactly the same. I'm missing something. The list of cards that you post are wrong on second printing? Sorry but I'm not understanding the whole thing here I need to look on FAQ who must be played the cards on the list?

Thank you Neil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 2nd printing of the game (printed in the U.S.A.). I flagged any cards which didn't have text that matched what the October 2014 release of the FAQ said the text should be. In most cases, the errors were simply rewording something in a very minor fashion.

I haven't checked Hawkmoon's drop-in replacements, so I can't comment on how closely they follow the wording in the FAQ, or whether they reflect information from other sources like forum posts.

If you want to get to the bottom of this, please post what you have on your version of the cards and what Hawkmoon has on his replacements. I can check my own cards to confirm whether I have something different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, now I think that I get it. On here: http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gk there are clarifications for the cards on the list you posted. Am I right?

I have 2nd printing as you, so I will check the list you made, thanks for sharing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that is the document I'm referring to. I checked all the cards mentioned in the FAQ against the second printing to determine which questions still applied to second printing, and then shared this information with Vic Wertz from Paizo. I took the extra step of collating all the questions and answers into a second printing FAQ, but Vic said it wasn't covered by Community Use, so I took that to mean I couldn't release my pdf file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I understand it all now. Thank you so much. I did a research of the cards in your list on the FAQ and as you told me there are not many big changes. Also there are not many cards afected. Hope that in S&S first printing the list of cards with errata will be very short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.