Hide
3 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: quick question pls help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
biggs
msg tools
hi guys i really wanna buy and play descent 2 ed but only solo.. i saw what ffg did with natures ice and forgotten souls and i saw some variants from nerdook or redjack... im just wondering... with those nerdook or redjack variants ll I be able to play with all expansions or just with some of them? i dont wanna spend bunch of money and realized i can play only some of expansions...

2 question: what is the best variant for playing all of campaigns ..

thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Magnus
United States
Granville
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm just a soldier. I can't be a leader.
mbmbmbmbmb
RedJak's RAOV is the best solo/co-op variant.

Yes, you can use all expansions, and play all campaigns.

And you get even more value if you also use RedJak's DelvenDeep, and my Legendary Play Variant Rules.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Reney
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the recommendation, Percepter.

If you choose RAOV, use the V3 rules. They are a bit tighter than the V2 rules. RAOV will work with the existing Descent 2E campaigns.

DelvenDeep is an expansion that works with the RAOV cards. It creates a randomized dungeon campaign. DelvenDeep is the only way my wife and I are playing Descent now.

Perceptor's variant is excellent, and works with my ROAV rules for solo/co-op play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.