Subject: App for Dark Tower v2 iOS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Floyd Resler
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Version 2 is now available on the App Store. There have been many improvements including a virtual game board!

I'm going to include network play for my next release and am looking for beta testers. If you'd like to beta test please go to http://maccrafters.com/darktower and fill out the form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
hey floyd... funny you posted this today because i was just coming here to tell you that i just tried it and loved it.

2 issues i found tho:

1) went to the bazaar, and the initial opening price for a warrior was 3. That was definitely never allowed as a starting price for warriors. the lowest initial offering was 5, as i recall, with 6-8 being the norm.

2) i played using your great virtual implementation. I got to the 3rd realm (to get the silver key) and the game just crashed on me

For reference, i am using an ipad air (last years model).

3) As someone else mentioned in the other thread, part of the game was managing your food and gold yourself, or forcing yourself to have to waste a turn hitting the 'inventory' button. i realize that with the virtual implementation, doing it this way might be a necessity (or at least much easier), but i just wanted to point it out.

but dude, it really looks amazing... keep up the awesome work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine crashes right after launch. I'll just wait and hope for next release.
iPad mini
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floyd Resler
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
There's an issue with it crashing immediately in iOS 7. I'm about ready to release a new version which fixes those problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floyd Resler
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
slyde wrote:
hey floyd... funny you posted this today because i was just coming here to tell you that i just tried it and loved it.

2 issues i found tho:

1) went to the bazaar, and the initial opening price for a warrior was 3. That was definitely never allowed as a starting price for warriors. the lowest initial offering was 5, as i recall, with 6-8 being the norm.

2) i played using your great virtual implementation. I got to the 3rd realm (to get the silver key) and the game just crashed on me

For reference, i am using an ipad air (last years model).

3) As someone else mentioned in the other thread, part of the game was managing your food and gold yourself, or forcing yourself to have to waste a turn hitting the 'inventory' button. i realize that with the virtual implementation, doing it this way might be a necessity (or at least much easier), but i just wanted to point it out.

but dude, it really looks amazing... keep up the awesome work!

Thanks for the kudos! The warrior price has been updated in my next release which is in review right now. As for the crash, which level and how many players? I assume you are using iOS 8, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, i am on ios 8. i tried it with 1 player, and i believe it was level 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floyd Resler
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
A new version is on the App store which fixes the iOS 7 crashing issues and various other bugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
cool.. ill give it a try

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.