Popular Tags: [View All]
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
Loving this game but a couple of questions came up on the first mission.

When a card tells you to remove an opponents order token does that player simply not take the removed action when they should?

For example I remove an opponents order that happens to be order 3.
So I take my order one then they take theirs.

Next I take my order two then they do the same.

Now I take my order 3 but they do not as it is no longer in play.

Then I take my order four and they continue as normal?.

This is how I imagine it works.

Secondly in the first mission the scenario book states that the half tracks arrive in the supply phase of turn 3 then move as normal?.
So they are placed legaly in the deployment zone and then moved up to their movement value into battle? Correct?.
So I could place them in the front rank of my deployment zone then move them?.

Or are you supposed to move them onto the board as part of their 6 movement allowance?.

THX all for the help in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Matthews & Moorcock Magnificent Magicians of the Multiverse
mbmbmbmbmb
For your 1st question, yes you're right - the opponent simply loses that numbered activation & you take your next one in the sequence.
2nd question- yes, place in deployment zone at start of Supply Phase then up to full move as normal (but movement ONLY as per Supply Phase rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the hedsup.
One other comes to mind.
When picking up the document I assume you must end your move next to said document,collect the item and then move of on the following turn?.

Not move next to pick up and continue moving if you have some movement left?.

Last game I played I had the document and first action i moved three spaces to my half track who then activated on the second activation and reversed out towards my board edge. that is a legal move correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jherek Carnelian wrote:
For your 1st question, yes you're right - the opponent simply loses that numbered activation & you take your next one in the sequence.
2nd question- yes, place in deployment zone at start of Supply Phase then up to full move as normal (but movement ONLY as per Supply Phase rules).

Regarding your answer to the first question, don't assume this is true. IMO, the order sequence section of the rules is under question. If an opposing unit is killed and loses an order, the player that did the killing does not get to go I again. Opposing side plays next his lowest order unit. This should also apply to removing an order. However, whether a side can decide to pass or not would be another issue. See this discussion,

http://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pisqueeter wrote:
Jherek Carnelian wrote:

Regarding your answer to the first question, don't assume this is true. IMO, the order sequence section of the rules is under question. If an opposing unit is killed and loses an order, the player that did the killing does not get to go I again. Opposing side plays next his lowest order unit. This should also apply to removing an order. However, whether a side can decide to pass or not would be another issue. See this discussion,

http://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=...

Yes, I did not mean to imply that the side which caused an order token loss AUTOMATICALLY went again, but in the situation the OP quoted he DOES. It all depends on which numbered order is removed - if it's a higher number it won't affect the sequence until later. The linked discussion confirms this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary, re. your question on transport I am sure this is a legal move - P.15 under transport "...inf. unit may enter/exit a vehicle at beginning or end of infantry's movement" (the "or" implying that it's one or the other not both).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokerman wrote:
Thank you for the hedsup.
One other comes to mind.
When picking up the document I assume you must end your move next to said document,collect the item and then move of on the following turn?.

Not move next to pick up and continue moving if you have some movement left?.

Last game I played I had the document and first action i moved three spaces to my half track who then activated on the second activation and reversed out towards my board edge. that is a legal move correct?

For picking up the document it says "you have to stop on...." so I'm sure you're right.

Enjoy the game - once you get to DYO scenarios it gets even better - am playing beach landings tomorrow - looks promising....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi again I am playing this that if you remove an opponents action you play as if that action were never there.
So we go action one for both then action 2 for both then action 3 for both so on and just ignore any that are missing.
I'm assuming this was the intent as doing it any other way would get confusing.
I think the whole idea behind removing an opponents action is to prevent them doing something with a unit early on that you don't want them to like for instance moving and firing with that deadly panzer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.