Popular Tags: [View All]
Zack Stockdale
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all just looking for some advice. I have a couple of games I want to sell on ebay like The New Dungeon! and The Uncanny X-Men Alert Adventure Game but they have these really long boxes. What would be the best way to ship them? Where can I get long boxes that aren't overly expensive? Should I just cut up boxes to make one the right size? I want to be able to ship them priority mail and any advice overall would be appricated. Thanks

Zackdale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Zack -

I used to sell on ebay and yahoo auction and wan into the same problem that you are having now. How how solved this problem and kept the shipping costs as low as possible, was that I purchased a roll of bubble wrap and a roll of brown shipping paper at my local Dollar Tree (only cost $1.00 for each item) and wrapped the games in both bubble wrap and packaging paper, then shipped the games. I never had any complants from not even a single client.

I had learned the hard way, that if you upgrade the size of the shipping carton, then 2 things will happen:

1) cardboard boxes are expensive to purchase, and

2) shipping costs would increase if the box is too long or to big.

By wrapping the product, then its not adding much weight or increasing the overall size by much, so it will keep your shipping cost relatively the same price as you expected.

I hope that this helps...and oh, I found its cheaper to ship what you can through The United States Postal Service rather than UPS or FedEx.

Good Luck with your auctions!

James (nventit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I've found when shipping games that are in long boxes that two of the rectangular Priority Mail boxes can be fitted together, and the game fits inside. So long as you aren't using the "Flat Rate" boxes and you are sending the games Priority Mail, there shouldn't be any problem at the Post Office, since the Priority Mail supplies are provided to send Priority Mail, in whatever the form.

I also fill in the gap around the game with bubblewrap or copious amounts of newspaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made a number of Frankenboxes over the years, just use whatever is laying around and a buttload of tape. I usually then wrap them in paper simillarly to James' neat discovery.

I have had one problem with James' method. I recieved a game wrapped that way that was sent internationally. Customs tore open the box to see what was inside, sadly the box was a Tycoon box and inside was, what a surprise, the contents of Tycoon.

At the post office I complained when I saw they taped a plastic bag onto the box with industrial packing tape. Their response was not to worry only the box was damaged, the contents were fine. They couldn't understand that the box was also a content rather than a shipping container.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.