Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that one of the counter sheets for my new game contains a pretty egregious printer error. All the printing is offset so that it is not centered properly on the counters and overlaps onto other counters.

In the rule book, Clash of Arms says they will replace damaged components. Does this count? I don't want to send the counter sheet to them if there is no chance that they'll fix the problem.

Can anyone share their experiences with CoA's customer service? Are they responsive? I have been unable to access their website the last several days.

Thanks,

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteyWA wrote:
I find that one of the counter sheets for my new game contains a pretty egregious printer error. All the printing is offset so that it is not centered properly on the counters and overlaps onto other counters.

In the rule book, Clash of Arms says they will replace damaged components. Does this count? I don't want to send the counter sheet to them if there is no chance that they'll fix the problem.

Can anyone share their experiences with CoA's customer service? Are they responsive? I have been unable to access their website the last several days.

Thanks,

Peter

No CoA specific experience with replacement counter sheets, but I've never met a game company that wouldn't replace that sort of problem (provided they still had appropriate replacement sheets available in the first place).

At most I've had some ask for a picture.I've never had to send a sheet back. And even those asking for pictures usually wanted it more to figure out what happened rather than because they didn't trust me. It's not like you're going to build you own copy of a game one component at a time.

I have dealt with CoA regarding another issue in the past, and didn't have a problem getting a response. May have take a few days, I can't recall. But it is the holidays season; that can often delay things.

Also, the website seems to be currently working for me, are you still having issues?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Pipersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've encountered this on several of their games, and they were always more than willing to send replacements.

Just contact them and I'm sure you will be satisfied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Greenhalgh
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an issue several years ago when I was short a ship record form in my copy of Supermarina I: Command at Sea Volume II and CofA sent me a replacement form fairly quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
PeteyWA wrote:

Can anyone share their experiences with CoA's customer service? Are they responsive?

They are incredible.

A two years ago I purchased a used, unpunched copy of JENA!, a COA game from the 1996. The back side of the countersheet was misprinted, out of alignment colors made the values of leaders unreadable.

Ed Wimble, head of COA, responded to my email and mailed me a new sheet free of charge.

Ed is pure class, and COA is one of the best in the business. Rest assured that they will take care of any problems. If they've been slow to answer, it's probably due to the holidays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of La Bataille de la Moscowa (third edition) was missing the turn record track. One email and I had a copy in my mailbox in a couple of days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They promptly sent to Greece 4 cards missing from my new copy of Crusade and Revolution: The Spanish Civil War, 1936-1939. So i don't think that you will have any problems getting replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was nice of them, as Crusade and Revolution is by Compass games, not COA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyhotep wrote:
That was nice of them, as Crusade and Revolution is by Compass games, not COA.

Wow, that would be impressive. Nevertheless, I've had an email from them and they're going to send me a replacement counter sheet. Nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.