Subject: Another list of questions! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Whitt
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. The assassin's cloak states that when moving, all close enemies gain one wound per turn. This item caused a few debates on our game. Does this ability trigger each time you move, or only at the start of your movement? And if it is each time you move, does it affect the enemies in the space from which you moved out of, or the space which you moved into? And the third debate was about whether going into a portal counted as moving for the sake of this card.

2. The Celerity wand that lets you pay a wound to unexhaust all of your cards also caused some problems. I had this on Nibbles, and since he heals fully after killing a monster, I had him stacked with a +3 dice magic boost card, and the Level 2 fire rain spell that does 5 dice and may target any number of enemies close to my target. I would exhaust the cards to begin my attack, and then immediately pay a wound to unexhaust them so that if I killed a monster, I would lose the wounds. Is this a legal move? And does this wand unexhaust your hero card as well?

3. The quest reward shield that lets you resurrect a hero. Does this also unexhaust all of the dead heroes cards?

4. When resting, you can transfer any gear and non-quest related exploration tokens between characters right? Does this also include treasure chests?

5. If someone is dead and wants to use Astral strike, and they also have a card that lets them take a wound to unexhaust a card or to boost the attack of a spell, are they allowed to do that while dead?

6. Guild A attacks and kills a monster with splash attack, but doesn't overkill it. Payback reaction happens and hits both Guild A and Guild B. Guild A defends first, then Guild B defends with Spike and deals damage to it. Who gets credit for the kill now since Guild B dealt damage last?

7. The Lords shield lets you exhaust your hero card to add 2 dice to your defense roll. Does this have to be declared at the start of your roll, or are you able to roll first and then add this in later if you were unsuccessful in your initial roll?

8. When you get a quest reward, we were playing that it can be added into your inventory immediately. So that would require something to get discarded out of play right?

8a. If we were doing 8 right, we also had the tome of enlightenment reward come into play. That lets you have 2 extra inventory for spells, the person who got it wanted to put the card into play and instantly move 2 spells into the inventory. However the rest of us decided that because he didn't have an empty spot for the tome, he still had to replace one of his current cards before he could add move the spells into the new magic slots. Which one was correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The Cloak's ability is in effect at any point while you move. So it affects all enemies that are Close to you either at the start or at the end of each of your moves (respecting the limit). Using portals or opening doors is not a move, so they don't trigger the cloak's ability.

2. You can't take a Wound to trigger the Celerity Stick's ability while an attack is being resolved. You must wait until all effects triggered by the attack are resolved before you can do that. So you'd have to take a Wound after Nibbles' healing ability took place.

3. Yes, the resurrected hero comes back fully unexhausted.

4. Yes.

5. No.

6. Guild A killed the Monster and gets credit for it. The damage dealt by Guild B was irrelevant.

7. If a Hero decides to use a special effect, he must declare it before rolling any dice.

8. Reward cards are added to your Guild immediately. If you don't have an empty slot, or don't want to use one, you can discard a card freely.

8a. It would be OK to allow him to put the Tome in one of his slots, replacing a Magic Attack card, putting that card in one of the 2 new additional slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played 8a wrong too...

I really appreciate you answering everyone's questions, Thiago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Whitt
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you Thiago!

One more question then. When you get System Shock or Severe Nosebleed and have to cover up an inventory slot, are you allowed to switch that equipment into play when you rest and place something else under it, or is it eliminated for the entire game/until you get a potion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can change what card is under by the Death Curse when you Rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.