5 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Game Balance in 2 players campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Bigras
Canada
flag msg tools
I started a 2 players campaign with my friend and I'm really worried about a snowballing effect. I lost the 1st game pretty convincingly and that put me at a gold disadvantage during the buy step for the next game and he got the orc captain blade. Allready he is a big step ahead of me and I'm afraid it will just keep going to be like that, the gap between us growing deeper and deeper.

So I was wondering from you guys your opinions, did you experience that snowball effect in your 2 players games, and how bad was it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Buffington
United States
Honey Brook
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There are a lot of really good low cost items and you can only buy 3 things and carry 1 gold from mission to mission, so I honestly don't think it's that bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
raouldukehst wrote:
There are a lot of really good low cost items and you can only buy 3 things and carry 1 gold from mission to mission, so I honestly don't think it's that bad.

this!^^^

Also go for the quest rewards.

And those little green guys with bows are gold coins dressed up like goblins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you're still playing a dice game.
First session I played I rolled 6 crits in one nova bolt killing 2 characters in one hit.
I won the scenario on all aspects besides title (as there was none).
Got great loot and everything.
Next round I literally rolled nothing but duds with my guys, both on attacking and defending. I ended the round with 1 gold point from a monster that killed my opponent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McFarland
United States
Shelton
Washington
flag msg tools
Yeah, you need to push to keep the gold advantage. Winning the scenario doesn't neccessarily guarantee you the best gold. There are a bunch of treasure tokens, lots of critters, your opponents models, etc to loot from. If you see that your opponent has a handle on the quests, and think you're going to lose, just all out loot what you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.