Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Björklund
Sweden
Lerum
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if someone could be so nice and post the scanned English version to Löwenherz, or if you have a pdf-file.

I have read the text versions here on the geek and the don't even resemble the original german rules. Something seems to be wrong with the ones posted here.

Thanks
//Jonas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I do not see anything wrong with the English rules in the Files section here or on The Game Cabinet (see the Links section). What do you think is wrong with them?

In any case, Jay Tummelson does not want his rules posted in scanned versions, so we will not be posting those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never understood RGG's reluctance to post rules online, especially considering the fact that many other publishers do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It was my reaction (perhaps over-reaction) to some Brits openly bragging online that they were buying German versions of my games cheaply and then downloading English rules from my site for free.

My new website will once again offer rules for download as I have more loyal lcustomers who want them than I have disloyal customers using them to get cheap non-English versions of my games. I should have done this long ago, but have now decided to wait for the new web site design.

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
great to hear about both the site redesign and the rules posting, jay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Björklund
Sweden
Lerum
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
I do not see anything wrong with the English rules in the Files section here or on The Game Cabinet (see the Links section). What do you think is wrong with them?

In any case, Jay Tummelson does not want his rules posted in scanned versions, so we will not be posting those.
In the file lowtrans.doc, it says you should get 7 ducats, in the German rules it states 15 ducats.
There is also something about the King's counter, that shall be placed on the scoring track. Nothing about this in the German rules!!
Winning conditions: The winner is the one who pass the King's counter. In the German rules there is a card that states that the game ends, and then you do a final count on specific items.

Also Mine monopoly ??!?! Nothing in the german rules about this.
Selling Power Cards, and get the amount of ducats shown on the card in blue within brackets?!?! Nothing about that in the German rules.

There are more things. But just to show there is a difference.

EDIT:These rules may be placed as Löwenherz rules but are really Domaine rules. Can it be so??

The Game Cabinet looks like that one is more correct.

//Jonas

Thanks for your help Jay. Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riogames wrote:
It was my reaction (perhaps over-reaction) to some Brits openly bragging online that they were buying German versions of my games cheaply and then downloading English rules from my site for free.

My new website will once again offer rules for download as I have more loyal lcustomers who want them than I have disloyal customers using them to get cheap non-English versions of my games. I should have done this long ago, but have now decided to wait for the new web site design.

Jay

This is fantastic. Let's all give a huge round of positive feedback for this kind of thinking. With my next game order, I'm going to buy an extra RGG game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.