2 Posts

King of New York» Forums » General

Subject: King of Tokyo Cards in King of New York rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gallo
msg tools
mbmbmb
I really like King of New York and I picked up a copy of King of Tokyo. Looking at the KoT cards, it looks like most of them can be used in KoNY. Some are obvious that can't be included, they reference 1,2 or 3 and obviously any reference to "Tokyo" has to be replaced with "Manhattan".

That said, my concern is that the KoT cards would create a different game experience then the KONY cards. They seem to deal more damage and give more victory points and those aspects of the game are added with the units and buildings in KoNY.

has anyone tried incorporating the KoT cards into KoNY? Did they have any problems? Are there any obvious problems that I'm not seeing?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have thought about this, but haven't done it yet. I doubt it would seriously unbalance either game. You could also pick and choose your favourites and mix them together, because if you combined both decks you'd hardly ever see many of the cards.

One thing to keep in mind, is that the cards in KoT are overpriced, which was fixed for KoNY. If you don't believe me, look at some of the cards in both games that give you straight up Victory Points. They are much cheaper in KoNY. Since KoNY is better balanced, it would probably be better to use KoNY cards in KoT as opposed to using KoT cards in KoNY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.