♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
If I'm moving my opponent's car, and I can either move the car its full movement, or strand it behind other cars so that ir's blocked, do I HAVE to take the option where it can move its full distance? Or can I be mean and block him in behind other cars? I know it's possible to move cars into a blocking position, but I'm unsure what to do if there's an available option to move the entire distance.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: One more question about movement....
I haven't played that much and it has been a while, but I am under the impression that if there is an available route a given car can take to go its full movement, it must take that route. Therefore, if you wanted to somehow block it's movement, you have to position other cars first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We always played with Isamadi's interpretation.

So you can play cards with numbers that cannot be used (except white cards), but when that color car can move that far, it must be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
That's what we thought, too. Thanks for confirming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Us too, if you can move you must move - but remember that you are completely allowed to end an opposing car's movement in a blocked position (that is, behind a two car wall).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not what I get from reading the rules. It's so easy to finish the game anyway, And so hard to get blocked on this track, that the blocks set up by cars seem natural to me.

I've played this game many times over the years, and we've always played where it was possible and desirable to set up blocks, and run cars into the back of those blocks to waste their movement.

Makes the races much tighter, and IMHO more strategic, but I suppose really it could be played either way with no problem as long as you were consistent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sisyphean Gamestacker
United States
Taylors
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Late to the conversation, I know.

Having just played with my son and had the same question, I looked at the translated rules to Top Race, a related Kramer game with the same card mechanic. In those rules, there is an example that clearly states that you can't move an opponent's car into a blocked position if an open position is available because you must move the car the full number of spaces if possible.

I will assume this mechanic works the same in Daytona 500, although I can see the fun of stranding your opponents' cars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.