Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about the "anytime" action of the Witch.

Quote:
Play anytime as an extra Thief after one has been played. The Witch steals from and gives to the same players as that Thief.

Question 1) if you play as an extra thief, are you only allowed the anytime action of the Thief or can you play it as a Main Thief action?

Question 2) If it is a secondary Thief action, and someone else has already played a secondary Thief action (or a secondary Witch acting like a Thief), can I choose to steal from the Main Thief or any of the secondary Thief(s)?

Question 3) "The Witch steals from and gives to the same players as that Thief". What does that mean? Does the secondary Witch steal from the same person as the Main Thief Or does the secondary Witch Pillage from the Main Thief?

Question 4) What does the secondary Witch "give"? This is the most confusing part of it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
It essentially doubles a thief, anytime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, sorry if I'm being a boob but I still don't get it.

Player 1 plays a thief and steals from Player 2. Player 3 then plays a Witch and a) also steals from Player 2, b) steals from any player [1, 2, 4, etc] just as Player 1 did or c) can only pillage from Player 1 whilst they are a thieving. Are all of those scenarios correct or just 1 or 2 of them?

Second question, if after the main player plays a thief, and more than 1 player wants to play the secondary action of the thief, what happens? Does every secondary thief get to steal from the primary thief, or can each secondary thief potentially steal from each other?

Example: Player 1 plays a thief and steals from Player 2. Player 2 plays an anytime thief and pillages from Player 1. Player 3 plays an anytime thief and can a) pillage from Player 1 or b) pillage from Player 1 or 2?

I'm sorry to harp on this but the wording is just giving me some trouble and I work in a store that is demoing this so being unclear on the rules makes for a tough sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Player 1 plays a thief on player 2, Player 3's witch would then double the gold that 1 steals from 2.

How does a store still have copies for sale??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
If Player 1 plays a thief on player 2, Player 3's witch would then double the gold that 1 steals from 2.

THANK YOU! Chris, your answer makes sense now. I was reading it the wrong way. My bad. Thanks again Lee!

Quote:
How does a store still have copies for sale??

Dunno but we do and they're only $5! I work at The Loaded Die in Ferndale MI. Pretty sure the owner got them from ACD Distribution though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not out of print yet, we've still got a bunch in our warehouse -- stores periodically order some

It's available direct from us, as well.

But yes, Player A plays a Thief, targeting player C. Player B responds with a witch. Player A takes 4 gold from player C. Any witch becomes part of the same Thief-group, targeting the same player, and giving gold to the original Thief player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.