Small World: Royal Bonus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Igors vs. Elves or Sorcerers... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Len L
msg tools
A rule clarification/question on Igors when playing against Elves or Sorcerers:

Per the rules:
"You collect all Race tokens (Lost Tribes, Monsters and all Player's race tokens, including your own) lost in conquests. "

1. Elves don't lose tokens during conquests...so therefore the Igors gain nothing when an Elf is attacked 'normally' by them or anymore else. (I think this pretty obvious--more of a statement than a question.)

2. In the Necromancer Island rules (in which Igors and NI cannot be played together)--when the Elves go into Decline they give the Necromancer a bonus of all the race tokens that had to be discarded because of that decline...does anyone play where this carries over to the Igors? (My gut says no as the rules for Igors say nothing about this--it just seems that the Igors may be at a disadvantage against the elves if they're played).

2. When an Elf is "zapped" by a Sorcerer, the Elves do indeed loose a token (the only way they can) and does that token go into the Igor's players hand (to build more Igors)? (In the NI forum this appears to be the agreement as it is still technically a 'conquest'...just curious as to how others feel it works here). (This question would really apply to any race zapped by a Sorcerer's ability). Again, my gut says yes--the zapped token would go the Igors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyxthior wrote:
A rule clarification/question on Igors when playing against Elves or Sorcerers:

Per the rules:
"You collect all Race tokens (Lost Tribes, Monsters and all Player's race tokens, including your own) lost in conquests. "

1. Elves don't lose tokens during conquests...so therefore the Igors gain nothing when an Elf is attacked 'normally' by them or anymore else. (I think this pretty obvious--more of a statement than a question.)

1. Right

Zyxthior wrote:
2. In the Necromancer Island rules (in which Igors and NI cannot be played together)--when the Elves go into Decline they give the Necromancer a bonus of all the race tokens that had to be discarded because of that decline...does anyone play where this carries over to the Igors? (My gut says no as the rules for Igors say nothing about this--it just seems that the Igors may be at a disadvantage against the elves if they're played).
2. Haven't played with NI yet, but I think you're right

Zyxthior wrote:
2. When an Elf is "zapped" by a Sorcerer, the Elves do indeed loose a token (the only way they can) and does that token go into the Igor's players hand (to build more Igors)? (In the NI forum this appears to be the agreement as it is still technically a 'conquest'...just curious as to how others feel it works here). (This question would really apply to any race zapped by a Sorcerer's ability). Again, my gut says yes--the zapped token would go the Igors.
23. Right. This way an Elf token would find it's way into Igor's hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that I haven't played the Royal Bonus yet (just exploring), but I disagree on no.3 concerning the Sorcerers.
Zyxthior wrote:
Per the rules:

Quote:
3. When an Elf is "zapped" by a Sorcerer, the Elves do indeed loose a token (the only way they can) and does that token go into the Igor's players hand (to build more Igors)? (In the NI forum this appears to be the agreement as it is still technically a 'conquest'...just curious as to how others feel it works here). (This question would really apply to any race zapped by a Sorcerer's ability). Again, my gut says yes--the zapped token would go the Igors.
To me, the Sorcerers' ability to "zap" an opponent token means that that token is converted to your race. The token is zapped and then magically "transformed" into a Sorcerer. There is no conquest.

To me, it seems like a zapped token is NOT "lost in conquest". If that was the case, Elves would by that definition also regain their zapped tokens.

Of course you would need to move a zapped token to the box for game management purposes, but thematically I don't feel a zapped token is "killed" or "lost in conquest", since he actually has been converted. Furthermore, it is not just being returned to the box, it is being switched for another token (a Sorcerer) to clarify the conversion that has taken place.

Just my two cents.

Quote:
The definition says "lost in conquest". Since going in decline has nothing to do with losing tokens in conquest, I would also say no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.