Sergeants D-Day» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does "T" terrain affect movement of Soldiers in SDD? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
msg tools
badge
mbmb
Assume I am playing a scenario using Chapter 5 trench squares such as 141A which is marked with a "T". NOTE: the difference between case #1 & case #2 is whether the solider is in the trench, which may or may not affect the answer.

Case #1: Soldier is in a trench square (marked with a "T"), NOT in the trench, has no Move+ or Move++ token underneath. Soldier has a Move Action to take.
(1A) Soldier can MOVE diagonally out of the square (since we are ignoring the T column)
(1B) Soldier CANNOT MOVE diagonally out of square, because the -1 sq penalty does apply to soldiers in SDD.

Case #2: Soldier is in a trench square (marked with a "T") IS IN the trench, has no Move+ or Move++ token underneath. Soldier has a Move Action to take.
(2A) Soldier can MOVE diagonally out of the square (since we are ignoring the T column)
(2B) Soldier CANNOT MOVE diagonally out of square, because the -1 sq penalty does apply to soldiers in SDD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for a correction to that in another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NO, T terrain only effects tracked and wheeled vehicles as well as prolonged guns... (pushed by the crew such as PaK36).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
msg tools
badge
mbmb
Yes, this question directly comes from your question in that thread. Originally, I put this case in the other thread, and then edited it out and made a new thread, for two reasons:
(1) to keep the thread title on topic with the question, so if any future players are looking for an answer later the title will match the question.
(2) in case Jeff Billings visits threads only one time, I want to make sure he gets the question in the first post.

How do you all feel about that strategy: one major question per thread, to keep things organized?

If anybody is interested in the origin of the question from Jeff McC, here is the cross reference to that thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1294495/modified-move-types

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably need a webpage or video that deals with this type of movement. We will work on one.

Until then - Remember Move+ and Move++ only pays for movement out of a square. It has no effect in a square or Urban Area. If you want to move into a trench each location change cost 1 Move Action.

You can Move along a trench, but you don't have to. Bypassing a opponents soldier in the trench is OK. Being in a trench is a protection of the soldier rather than a barricade to movement.

So said another way 1 Move Action will allow an unpinned soldier to move anywhere in a square. (Fight rules will resolve the close in Fighting.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the assist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d2necro wrote:
Yes, this question directly comes from your question in that thread. Originally, I put this case in the other thread, and then edited it out and made a new thread, for two reasons:
(1) to keep the thread title on topic with the question, so if any future players are looking for an answer later the title will match the question.
(2) in case Jeff Billings visits threads only one time, I want to make sure he gets the question in the first post.

How do you all feel about that strategy: one major question per thread, to keep things organized?

If anybody is interested in the origin of the question from Jeff McC, here is the cross reference to that thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1294495/modified-move-types

I'm game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.