Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Language dependence? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the game is still very much in prototype state but as I'm already pretty excited about this, so I thought it doesn't hurt to ask:

As I play with a sort of international group sometimes I'm always happy to have games that are not or very little language-dependent, so how does it look for Sycthe so far? Mostly symbology or is there quiet a bit of text planned on e.g. the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kerstin: That's a good question, and it's something I've tried to keep in mind as I design the game. I'm confident that the board and player mats will be language independent. The cards will be more difficult, but we'll see. The good news is that we have an ongoing partnership now with Morning Players, so our games should be translated to several languages for the first printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the quick answer. Always nice when designers keep that in mind.
Looking forward to the game a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eryk B
Poland
Wroclaw
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Kerstin: That's a good question, and it's something I've tried to keep in mind as I design the game. I'm confident that the board and player mats will be language independent. The cards will be more difficult, but we'll see. The good news is that we have an ongoing partnership now with Morning Players, so our games should be translated to several languages for the first printing.

I can translate to Polish if that'll speed up production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Levasseur
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who buys his games in French, this is exciting! XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
val kriss
msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
The good news is that we have an ongoing partnership now with Morning Players, so our games should be translated to several languages for the first printing.

does it means Scythe will be available in french on the Kickstarter ?

or does it means , the game will be translated, printed in french and distributed by morning player s in the future ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be something like we did for Between Two Cities, where the rules in the special edition are included in several different languages. But it's also very likely that we'll have different versions of the first printing available in different languages. The question is more how we'll deal with that with Kickstarter backers (logistics become a bit of an issue when you have the same game in multiple languages).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.