C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My printer is dying and quite frankly I'm glad since I've never really been happy with its print quality and color matching for photos or PnP needs.

In the market for a new one and just want to get some feedback from fellow geeks on what recommendations anyone might have on current printer models out there.

I do plan on continuing with some PnP. But I also want to print some photos from old family negatives (got the scanner covered already.)

Also, not sure if I should go with laser again or ink jet this time.

Please chime in with some recommendations! They would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court Marley
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're doing pnps, I can't recommend laser enough. Inkjet wears off fairly easily. We had an Hp color laser for years, and it just died. I just bought this printer last week (http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/534377/Brother-HL-3170...) specifically with pnps and photos in mind. Disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to set it up yet, but I did do my homework, and I think this one will do nicely. Also, it's on sale right now at Office Depot for $80 off, and you also get a $30 gift card. My husband has used a monochrome Brother printer for a few years now, and he's been very happy with it. Also, the toner is cheap, relative to hps or especially Samsung and Canon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Porter
United States
TAMPA
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This color laser is on sale at the moment for all of $30:
Samsung C410W Xpress Color Laser Printer

And the starter toner cartridges that come with it should be able to be refilled using the method in this video:
Samsung Toner Refill

Otherwise, when the starter cartridges run out, a set of generic cartridges for that printer will run you about $100. But, being a laser, they should last a while, relatively speaking.

I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but, for that price, I ordered one to give it a try.

Also maybe worth considering (strictly on price) is the LBP7110Cw model (much faster on the color prints than the C410W and more features). That one was on sale over the holidays for $100, but I hesitated, and let it go by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.