Subject: Aftermath: red deployment point (spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg White
New Zealand
Upper Hutt, Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lockdown (at the end of the round in which the door opens for the first time) optionally allows the red deployment point to become active.

And yet...

Fortified (the first time the door opens) directs you to deploy reserved Stormtroopers and imperial officers there.

I feel I'm missing the significance of enabling the red deployment point as part of lockdown which occurs after 'fortified'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can deploy figures to an inactivate deployment point when told to by the mission instructions, and this does not activate said point. Activating the deployment point instead allows you to deploy figures there by spending the threat to reinforce members of a group that have been killed, or redeploy a group that was killed. Reinforcement and Deployment of your cards in this manner happens in the Status Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wright
United States
Watertown
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The scenario actually tells you that you should deploy them to the "Storage Room", not the Red Deployment Point. So you can place them anywhere in the room that you want.

The "Lockdown" event activates the red points (So, just to be explicitly clear, you can freely spend your Threat to deploy or reinforce to those points.), but only if you choose that option. If you want to harden the terminals, so don't get the red points.

EDIT: So the significance for me was that if the hero's were split be me slamming the door, I could flood the storage room with stormies and droids and hammer the trapped heroes for a turn or two while the door was being battered down. Otherwise you are stuck using a turn to just move the fresh troops into position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
A slightly more subtle point - the red deployment point is not actually in the Storage Room at all. The map defines the Storage Room as tile 22B - the red deployment point is actually on tile 36B. The Imperial Player cannot deploy the reserved Stormtroopers and Imperial Officer on the red deployment point when the Fortified event is triggered - they need to be deployed on tile 22B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
I'm I to understand then, that the yellow deployment point "never" activates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
I'm I to understand then, that the yellow deployment point "never" activates?

Yes, neither of the yellow points will ever activate. The only use for them is that the reserved E-Web Engineer must deploy to a yellow deployment point when the Fortified event is triggered. You won't deploy anything else to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross W
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question when I played this evening. As the imperial player I have no units in open groups, so I can't spend threat to deploy anything.... Unless I'm missing something? So what's the point of the red activation point?

*'ahso. Just read the reserved group blurb in the reference guide. Could redeploy the eEweb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeppe Tobias Hatting
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
You can redeploy any groups and gets defeated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the original Stormtroopers, Imperial Officer and Probe Droid can be redeployed if their groups are totally killed off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Yep, the original Stormtroopers, Imperial Officer and Probe Droid can be redeployed if their groups are totally killed off.

You can also redeploy non-unique reserved groups. (The unique ones do not return to your hand, but the others do.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.