Subject: Negotiations -- when can they happen? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robt. Ferrett
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Just cracked this one open, laid it out to see how it works.

My question is about trade and negotiations. Are they only allowed via marriage contract? Or can there be informal trades unrelated to marriage (I'll give you a trade item this year in exchange for yours next turn?)

Are both allowed, but only marriage contracts are enforceable, and non-marriage contracts on the honor system?

Thanks for your explanations/interpretations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while, but as far as I can remember only marriages allow any sort of exchange (which, in a game about dynasties is the way it ought to work). Marriage is the only way in which any commodity (well resources, gold, people - perhaps ships and armies but I'm unsure) can be traded.

I believe you are allowed to negotiate (as in if you leave province x alone then my ally won't attack your province y), but only marriage is binding and both parties must adhere to the agreement drawn up with the marriage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My memory is that Anthony is close to the mark but also you can negotiate anything at any time but they are only binding in a marriage contract.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Blackham
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you can't just make a verbal agreement to trade resources(obviously not binding if not a marriage contract). We played that someone could do that and on their movement phase you would just move said resource into that persons territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.