Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can relate, Drew. I now endeavour to place my camels as 'messily' as possible, ie. no lining up, no facing the same direction etc etc... pretty much everything short of lying them on their side. I would say that it works... but I've lost my last few games of TtD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazingly, I thought I would do this, but I just plot the camels down any which way. I think this is because I'm too focused on my next placement to worry about which way the camels are facing, which is curious because I am usually so anal about such things.

Chris H.
PS. I don't think I said "which" enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Best solution, that lets you remain slave to OCD and still win: Put all camels facing exactly the same direction, like soldiers on parade. Now you can agonize over every camel's facing direction, carefully placing it just so, but...your opponents get no useful information out of it.

They may still think that you are nuts, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG!!! I sooo do this!!!!! no wonder my 9 year old has started giving me a run for my money... I asked her just now and she said " yeah daddy, you point your camels all the time" ooo man....you nailed this just im time... she almost beat me the other day....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb

If you want to maintain the pleasing in-a-line look, place your camels so they are facing the other camels in the chain. Rather than announcing where you are going you are merely showing where you've been.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great

Now I'm always going to be conscious about how to place the camels. It will never be something that is done casually.

I'm sane really. I don't need to do things in certain ways. I just don't need the awareness that there's more than one way to do things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.