Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In my game, the Taliban is the 1st eligible faction to have the option to play this event. Do they do the event even though neither the shaded nor unshaded portion of the card benefits the insurgents? There's no halo around the Taliban symbol nor a notation in the flowchart although there is one for the Warlords to do the OPs instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Non Player Taliban would do the shaded event in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I understand that, but the shaded text benefits the Government. I was wondering if the Taliban symbol should have a halo and instructions to do OPs/Special OPs instead of the event. Like maybe this was a misprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand. I read somewhere that non player factions will play an event even when it doesn't benefit them. I assumed this to apply to this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It does apply to this card, yes.

Shaded "Night Raids" allows Govt to Govern in a Support space ignoring Control and Coalition, so it could e.g. remove Support from a space with a Coalition Base or settle refugees in a space with no COIN Control.

The Taliban doesn't directly benefit from any of these, though a resettlement can at least be exploited eventually.

Regards, Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dodds
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
The specific rules than confirm Oerjan's answer are:

NOTE: Non-player Factions may not act only in their own direct
interest. Like players, they sometimes help, sometimes harm, one
another.

8.1, 3rd bullet:
Ineffective Events. Regardless of the above, Non-player Factions
opt only for Events that would have an effect (something happens,
including Capabilities, 5.3)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.