1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 

HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Voucher Expired rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So I've been holding off on closing out my pledge and paying for my shipping once I know for sure this project is completed, and with no official post since July (if I recall correctly) I'm kinda losing hope. So on a whim I logged into GameZone just to check stuff out and realized my voucher for my pledge expired on 12/31/2014. Anyone else in the same boat? I sent a service request in regarding it but who knows when or if I'll ever hear anything back. Suppose I'll keep you posted if anything comes of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The plot thickens?

Best of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is gone too. I wrote them an email to let them know mine expired, and I expect they'll put it back up. I'll let you know when I get a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How did it expire? A time stamp? Or just gone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was just gone. It didn't exist when I just checked it on the gamezoneminiatures.com website. I didn't see anything saying expiry date, but maybe I never noticed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, never mind. I see how he knows about the expiry date. There is another button to click on under the My Account banner called "Vouchers". I clicked on this, and found a screen saying my voucher expired on dec 31st, 2014. That's annoying. I expect they assumed they would have shipped by this date and its merely a mistake that they can fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a bit absurd at this point how poor their communication has been. I don't know how they can expect anyone to be pleased with such long radio silence. Is it that hard to at least say hey we're still working but the details are going to be top secret until it's all done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So... either they fix it... Or anyone who does not notice that their voucher expired never gets their game? That does not make any sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I can't see them not fixing this. That would just be a little ridiculous. Its probably the radio silence that's the most annoying. I guess they just know that virtually anything they say will be used against them (on some BGG forum or elsewhere). They have the money and are planning to deliver, and that's about it. When I look at the enormous amount of time and energy that is devoted to updates on kickstarter it really shows the enormity of the game creation task. Super Dungeon Explore gives weekly updates!!! Incredible, with photos, mostly spell proofed, and usually funny to boot. It keeps the masses from complaining, but I suspect it just eats up resources. Kingdom Death currently has lots of comments from people who are missing communication for one month. The game is 2 years late, and has 93 updates! But people still start to pee their pants when they don't get their fix (kickstarter update). To be honest, though, I'm really glad that Forjan jumped in the mix and documented on youtube the work that's been done on the minis, dice and included interviews with GZ. That was all I needed to rest assured that work is being done and nearing completion. Anything else is just the anxiety talking, imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pha3drus wrote:
Yeah, I can't see them not fixing this. That would just be a little ridiculous.

I know. They've acted responsibly and in no way ridiculously up until this point. It would be out of character
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I had a feeling someone might mention say that. Okay, lets make a bet. If GZ fails to renew my voucher, and I'm screwed because I didn't use it before it expired, than I will agree with all of you, that GZ are thieves and do not have this game or its backers best interests at heart.

If they do renew my voucher, than you must agree on this forum that GZ has this game/backers best interest at heart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
[q="pha3drus"]
Quote:
If they do renew my voucher, than you must agree on this forum that GZ has this game/backers best interest at heart.

Are you for real?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
[q="pha3drus"]
Quote:

Are you for real?

It's hard to tell, isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Americool wrote:
my voucher for my pledge expired on 12/31/2014

Oh, hey, thanks for reminding me! I went in at the end of August to try and complete my order (and add a couple things to it) but their system ran into troubles calculating shipping (only 1€ to ship 155€ worth of goods to Canada!) and wouldn't let me complete the order because they couldn't find any way to actually ship for 1€. So I sent them a polite email and they got back to me and said they are working on it.

I never heard back from them.

So today I go in and check and the same problem is still there *AND* my voucher has expired. So I've sent them another email asking them to please fix the voucher problem and as well, fix the shipping problems.

So we'll see what happens. Thanks for the poke to check in on this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pha3drus wrote:
Hmm, I had a feeling someone might mention say that. Okay, lets make a bet. If GZ fails to renew my voucher, and I'm screwed because I didn't use it before it expired, than I will agree with all of you, that GZ are thieves and do not have this game or its backers best interests at heart.

The former is easy.

The latter is not necessarily the case.

So no.
I'll not agree with that.
Ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Idaho11 wrote:
pha3drus wrote:
Yeah, I can't see them not fixing this. That would just be a little ridiculous. Its probably the radio silence that's the most annoying. I guess they just know that virtually anything they say will be used against them (on some BGG forum or elsewhere).

I know. They've acted responsibly and in no way ridiculously up until this point. It would be out of character

Hey, no fair blaming them for their behavior -- that's all BGG's fault! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pha3drus wrote:

One does not prove the other.

I have had to deal with a scam artist (two actually) who will gladly fix a problem for someone. "Ohhh! Look! we were all so wrong about his stealing from the patrons!" and then he scams someone else out of hundreds.

I do not believe GZ is pulling a scam on the backers or ever intended to.

But they are more than a little overeager and way more than a little inept and far far too prone to smokescreen when caught and have deen deceptive.

As said before. I will be very surprised if this does not ship. Not after all they have sunk into the work so far and not after getting so far into the pressing of the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
Every backer had 6 full months (from july to december) to complete their order. Thats plenty of time for something you can do in 30 minutes in the worst case. That maybe sound harsh but if somebody didnt complete their order in the 6 months provided is not GZ's fault.

They can fix it or choose not to and keep the money but in any case if you let you voucher to expire without reedemed it is not GZ fault and from a legal point of view it will be quite hard to argue that 6 months is a very short vindow of time so the voucher expired before you got a chance to reedem it. I guess is more a RP thing, if they want to keep the community happy they can choose to voluntarily fix it and allow an extended period for the voucher.

To tell the truth I feel sometimes that Im talking to a wall instead to humans here. I brought the topic of the caducity date a lot of times, last time 24 December (still in time to reedemed it as the web was up a couple days later)

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1289177/hq25th-both-gamezone...

And not thats not imply that you should be aware of everything people say on Intenet, you only should be aware if something that you bought have a caducity date and use it before that date. Thats is only a personal note to me to confirm how lot of people do not use forums to hear what others have to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, okay, I'll subscribe to this train wreck.

Thanks to Vic for injecting a little GZ-esque illogic and pushing me off the fence!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vica8081 wrote:
Every backer had 6 full months (from july to december) to complete their order. Thats plenty of time for something you can do in 30 minutes in the worst case. That maybe sound harsh but if somebody didnt complete their order in the 6 months provided is not GZ's fault.

They can fix it or choose not to and keep the money but in any case if you let you voucher to expire without reedemed it is not GZ fault and from a legal point of view it will be quite hard to argue that 6 months is a very short vindow of time so the voucher expired before you got a chance to reedem it. I guess is more a RP thing, if they want to keep the community happy they can choose to voluntarily fix it and allow an extended period for the voucher.

To tell the truth I feel sometimes that Im talking to a wall instead to humans here. I brought the topic of the caducity date a lot of times, last time 24 December (still in time to reedemed it as the web was up a couple days later)

And not thats not imply that you should be aware of everything people say on Intenet, you only should be aware if something that you bought have a caducity date and use it before that date. Thats is only a personal note to me to confirm how lot of people do not use forums to hear what others have to say.

I may have missed it, but I don't see anything about an expiration date in that link?

Also, were backers informed of the fact that their pledges expire at the end of the year?
Can you provide a source?
Because there are several people here now that apparently missed that memo?
When and where was that info provided?
And which languages was it in?

And why even have them expire?
What would be the purpose?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
vica8081 wrote:

I may have missed it, but I don't see anything about an expiration date in that link?

Also, were backers informed of the fact that their pledges expire at the end of the year?
Can you provide a source?
Because there are several people here now that apparently missed that memo?
When and where was that info provided?
And which languages was it in?

And why even have them expire?
What would be the purpose?

Why do you hate Spain and Spanish people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's kind of stupid to request the shipping address to be filled before the game is shipped, at least so much time in advance. you could move to another home or city or whatever.... Specially when some people have written to them and they never got back.

Problem is that their customer support is non-existent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:

Quote:
except if you are a backer who have not yet reedemed, but on serioness what were you waiting for? new year eve?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Hindmarch
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The problem with all of this is that they never once said that there was going to be an expiration date for the voucher. They also never once said a definitive date for delivery. So as a backer, I have no confidence in placing more money in there hands for shipping until I have some concrete evidence of a delivery date. Had I known about an expiration date then I would have made every attempt to pay for the shipping. But as with every other backer in this endeavor, you can understand my hesitance to do so. Despite the fact that I had 6 months and that this is a voucher, they still have my money for a service and they have no right to keep that money without providing me the service they promised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
jamuki wrote:

Problem is that their customer support is non-existent.

My bad. I only recently learned that we at BGG are responsible for that.

Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.