Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the loosing ships thread (that's the title), Rob said that the ships that attack must go back to their original planet if they LOSE. But if the attack was succesful, do the ships HAVE to advance into the newly gained territory? Or do they HAVE to stay back? Or do you have a choice?

For example, Bob attacks Jon 2 armies + fighter to 1 army and wins. Bob would then move 1 army, but would the fighter HAVE to go into the new territory? Would it HAVE to stay back? Or does Bob get a choice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading through it again, I assume that the ships that are used HAVE to advance with the army.

But I have another question.

While it says you can only get 1 ship per turn, what about trading in armies? If you have several sets of three cards, can you trade in more than 1? While it does say if you have more than 5 cards you must play them or discard them, there is no rule that prohibits more than 1 set to be turned in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan East
msg tools
Revelade wrote:
After reading through it again, I assume that the ships that are used HAVE to advance with the army.

But I have another question.

While it says you can only get 1 ship per turn, what about trading in armies? If you have several sets of three cards, can you trade in more than 1? While it does say if you have more than 5 cards you must play them or discard them, there is no rule that prohibits more than 1 set to be turned in.

Using a 2210 A.D./Godstorm precedent, the ships must move if you used their powers in the invasion; i.e. if you have a capital ship but don't roll a d8 you don't have to move the ship. I'm not sure if the rules cover this but that is how it works in previous Risk games.
Also, the rules *do* specifically state that you may only turn in one set of cards for extra reinforcements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.