15 Posts

Tajemnicze Domostwo» Forums » General

Subject: Card holder reccomendation. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone recommend a card holder for the ghost in this game. Preferably something available from amazon.de or possibly amazon.co.uk

I apologize if thos has already been discussed in another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina T
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This curved wooden one for 7.50 € from Amazon.de seems to be very like the ones many others are using in the pictures on here (I guess you'd need two of them for the full complement of 6 investigators/7 players). In fact, that's the one I was planning to order before I came up with my one fold-up holder that fits into the box. If you're also interested in DIY solutions, here is mine:

Made from a recycled sheet of corrugated cardboard, three folds and two paperclips.

Another idea are plastic profiles described in this thread. Someone else in the play along videos found on here used very thick corrugated cardboard, vertically, with slits cut into them:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I use cheap plastic business card holders. They were 99 cents each at the office supply store. We just painted one side of all of them one the psychic colors so now the ghost doesn't have to hassle with the color tokens anymore. They work great and aren't nearly as expensive as any wooden card holders I found on the web. And forget Racko holders, they don't work. One side is connected so the bigger cards tilt to one side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
These ones: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0012UWRYY look like the ones I'm using, not sure if they are exactly the same but they are perfect (IMHO!). I think mine cost more too so I've ordered another set!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rummikub has some stands that work perfectly, our old set(1990 Pressman Edition) has some that are pretty much the same height as the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.amazon.com/Wooden-Card-Holder-Playing-Holders/dp/...

We played with these and they were phenomenal... I wish they were available to buy- Just have to keep an eye for when they might get in stock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a book/organizer. It has top loading business card slots. It works great especially if people can easily walk behind the ghost player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X X
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have Ticket To Ride buy Ticket to Ride Asia it comes with 5 card holders at a pretty reasonable price (it was cheaper / about the same price as buying card holders separately)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the ones we use. I think they are the same as the ones I linked to at Amazon above.

Edited to add: I see the racks in my link have tripled in price since I posted it, but worth keeping an eye out for them at a good price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina T
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And then there is also this "GM screen" (which I still haven't gotten around to making my own copy of) mady by discordjack:

Apparently, the international release from Libellud will feature something similar, or at least their playtesters are using one, as can be seen on this picture they posted on twitter.

I've never seen the plastic business card holders toober uses in Germany, unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
schlawiner wrote:
I've never seen the plastic business card holders toober uses in Germany, unfortunately.
They don't have to be plastic, any business card holder should work. One per psychic set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This plastic card holder holds several rows of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pacemaker 67
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
King of Tokyo standee holders work great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

At EUR 7.75, this is a fantastic bargain on Amazon.de at the moment.

http://www.amazon.de/ABACUSSPIELE-04135-Hanabi-Kartenhalter-...

Although the game comes with 5 plastic card holders, we don't think they're needed for Hanabi.

We're happily using them for Mysterium though, as they comfortably hold a full set of 3 cards.

Some folk here seem to prefer having only one card on display. We like to see all three. Each to their own, I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina T
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, and although there are only 5 holders included, I wouldn't want to play Mysterium with more than 5 non-ghost players anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.