Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So...there are suddenly 3 new users (from the same family of course) rating the game 9s and 10s. One of them bags a fellow user for rating it a 3. Strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
shawn_low wrote:
So...there are suddenly 3 new users (from the same family of course) rating the game 9s and 10s. One of them bags a fellow user for rating it a 3. Strange.

And all three of them have played and rated how many games? Oh yes, that's right - one.

I'll keep my 6.5 until it hits the table again.

Oh and having played games with Jonathan Tang, he would know a good game if it hit him in the face. It is entirely fair for him to not like this sort of game and rate it appropriately. Also his body of ratings is a little more substansive body of work than some of the other current raters of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matiu Chamberlin
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

Yes please excuse my zealous cousin, he's played the game for years now (way before it was released) - they are an awesome gaming family (I don't know many other families who play as many games together as they do). As far as getting a clear idea of votes - I agree with mr dip dragon... it will eventually come into balance, wherever it should be. I also respect Jonathan tang's comments although I beleive this game is like tasting a good curry for the first time... it can take a little while for you to get the real grasp of it before you love it. The first taste of strategy play is simple memory, then you move into using your cards strategically (hiding archers under walls, using seige engines for arrow cover, guarding big cards for the end game, hunting out and cutting down your opponents potential)... finally it's all about communication, trade and alliances with other players as you simply won't last if you are fighting on too many fronts or trying to win on your own steam, a bit like life.

God bless

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.