Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Thatcher
United States
Lake Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game of Goa last night and I really enjoyed it. A couple of issues came up, however:

1) The red/orange tiles:
a) Do you keep them through the end of the game or do they go away when the B tiles come up?
b) If someone has two or more of these tiles in a round, can they use them both at the same time (say before their first action) and have the resources available for all of their actions? Or are they limited to using only one of the red tiles either befor, during or after each action?

2) Expedition cards
a) Is one limited to using only one expedition card per action (either before, during, or after the action)? The reason I ask is that last night, one player used an expedition card before his action to get two ships and then used another expedition card to ship without needing spices as his action (in other words he used two expedition cards during the action). It caused a VERY big swing in the game.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Lee Thatcher wrote:
1) The red/orange tiles:
a) Do you keep them through the end of the game or do they go away when the B tiles come up?
b) If someone has two or more of these tiles in a round, can they use them both at the same time (say before their first action) and have the resources available for all of their actions? Or are they limited to using only one of the red tiles either befor, during or after each action?

You can (and should) use all your red tiles before your first action. You keep them the entire game. The 4 ducat tile can be worth 32 ducats if you bought it in the first round!

Kevin Lee Thatcher wrote:
2) Expedition cards
a) Is one limited to using only one expedition card per action (either before, during, or after the action)? The reason I ask is that last night, one player used an expedition card before his action to get two ships and then used another expedition card to ship without needing spices as his action (in other words he used two expedition cards during the action). It caused a VERY big swing in the game.

One per action, even if one is an action-modifying card and one is not, even if one is before the action and one is during/after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Thatcher
United States
Lake Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the example that I gave in my initial post is incorrect (i.e., he could not use two expedition cards in association with one action)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
You can (and should) use all your red tiles before your first action.

Note that you might want to wait before using the spice tile, as you might have a more profitable space open to put the spice after a few actions have been taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.