Recommend
58 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15002 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [601] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Waconia, MN (West Twin Cities) - Brewery + Boardgame Meetup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
daggz wrote:
ekimmel wrote:
Pretty sure I didn't play board games with my kids until they were 6 and 8. I can still get my son to play Pandemic with me. He's 16. I can get my daughter to play almost anything depending on her mood. We played Java the other day. Some days she just wants to play Citadels or Bohnanza. She's 15. Not many years left. :-(

So nobody for this weekend? I'm available...

Rick I might be up for some games on Saturday.... Lets touch base tomorrow.

Up for anything today?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think I can make it today. Only time that works for me would maybe be later this evening and that doesn't sound like it works for people. Some other time then.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ekimmel wrote:
daggz wrote:
ekimmel wrote:
Pretty sure I didn't play board games with my kids until they were 6 and 8. I can still get my son to play Pandemic with me. He's 16. I can get my daughter to play almost anything depending on her mood. We played Java the other day. Some days she just wants to play Citadels or Bohnanza. She's 15. Not many years left. :-(

So nobody for this weekend? I'm available...

Rick I might be up for some games on Saturday.... Lets touch base tomorrow.

Up for anything today?

Rick, I would be available later this afternoon (3 PM or so) or evening but I do have some commitments earlier. Sounds like later might not work for you so let me know either way, thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's just take a pass this weekend and try to get something going next weekend.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good! I'll be around tomorrow afternoon as well if you got nothing going on.
1 
 Thumb up
30.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy P
United States
waconia
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all! Happy MLK Day! Hope those of you who have the day off are enjoying a long weekend.

I'm reaching out in advance to see who might be open Saturday (or Sunday) afternoon for some games this weekend at WBC. I'm hoping to maybe get some PMs out to those who indicated they were interested in meeting up, but Wednesday nights weren't opportune.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To get the most eyes possible you may want to post in the mpls/stpaul thread too
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy P
United States
waconia
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh Tim, you're so clever. Does that mean you're coming out on Saturday?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be able available at some point on Saturday.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone here doing the Con/North Math Trade or are thinking about it? Would be cool if we could reduce trips up there.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point, don't know. I'll see how the week goes.

As for math trades, I was thinking about it but am not going to the con. I have a few games I've been trying to sell to minimize the collection.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be in Rochester this weekend at a wedding so can't gamesoblue

I'm going to CotN, but didn't know they were doing a math trade again this year. Definitely will be signing up for it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ekimmel wrote:
Is anyone here doing the Con/North Math Trade or are thinking about it? Would be cool if we could reduce trips up there.

I am in for the Math Trade.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy P
United States
waconia
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just about to post over in the Mpls/St.Paul thread to see if I could drum up a few new people when I realized that this weekend is the 25th annual Waconia Snowmobile Show. Although I've never been, from what I understand it draws somewhat of a crowd. I know the brewery is already planning some festivities on Friday night for it and I'd expect more foot traffic than usual there on Saturday afternoon due to it. I'd be remiss to invite people to the brewery to find out there isn't adequate room to game for a larger group.

Officially, I'm open from about 1 to 4 on Saturday for some games. If the brewery is too busy I'd be open to moving over to Mocha Monkey as an alternate.

Also, due to some last minute AP, I cancelled my order for Castles of Mad King Ludwig and ordered Roll for the Galaxy instead. It should be here by this weekend. I'll probably order Ludwig next.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wisecow wrote:
I was just about to post over in the Mpls/St.Paul thread to see if I could drum up a few new people when I realized that this weekend is the 25th annual Waconia Snowmobile Show. Although I've never been, from what I understand it draws somewhat of a crowd. I know the brewery is already planning some festivities on Friday night for it and I'd expect more foot traffic than usual there on Saturday afternoon due to it. I'd be remiss to invite people to the brewery to find out there isn't adequate room to game for a larger group.

Officially, I'm open from about 1 to 4 on Saturday for some games. If the brewery is too busy I'd be open to moving over to Mocha Monkey as an alternate.

Also, due to some last minute AP, I cancelled my order for Castles of Mad King Ludwig and ordered Roll for the Galaxy instead. It should be here by this weekend. I'll probably order Ludwig next.


Cool. Let me know when you get Roll in the mail. I'd love to play. I'm seriously considering putting it in my preorder of Alchemists. If you haven't played Ludwig (or want to get your fix on before being able to order it) I can bring that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We can start at the brewery and if it gets too busy we can just swing over to your house.

devil

I'm still looking into Saturday. Pretty sure I can game for a bit, just not sure what times yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy P
United States
waconia
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ekimmel wrote:
We can start at the brewery and if it gets too busy we can just swing over to your house.

shake

Ha! You don't want to be at my house on Saturday. There will be my wife, her sisters (ages 10 and 11), our 3 year old son, a (biggish) dog, and 3 cats.

...Why do you think I'm trying to get out of there? It's crazy town.
1 
 Thumb up
30.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After I saw Chad give New Chad 30GG to get an avatar I thought I'd check with the local group here. I see that both Jeremy and Steve do not have avatars. I have given each of you 30GG to get your very own professional looking avatar.

Enjoy!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be at the brewery tonight at around 8:00 if anyone in town is up for a quick game of something.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy P
United States
waconia
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cow, Rick. That was very generous of you!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Rick!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Baumann-Fern
United States
Frostbite Falls
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always refer to it as Wackytown.

Wisecow wrote:
ekimmel wrote:
We can start at the brewery and if it gets too busy we can just swing over to your house.

shake

Ha! You don't want to be at my house on Saturday. There will be my wife, her sisters (ages 10 and 11), our 3 year old son, a (biggish) dog, and 3 cats.

...Why do you think I'm trying to get out of there? It's crazy town.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy P
United States
waconia
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So my copy of Roll just showed up!
Unfortunately, it has some print issues and all of the tiles and chits are misaligned.
Fortunately, it's still completely playable.

I'll be sure to bring it on Saturday.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wisecow wrote:
So my copy of Roll just showed up!
Unfortunately, it has some print issues and all of the tiles and chits are misaligned.
Fortunately, it's still completely playable.

I'll be sure to bring it on Saturday.

Will be hard to play unless we get some good dice trays. Or maybe just some unused game boxes. I'll bring a couple games as well.

Is anyone else coming?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ekimmel wrote:
Wisecow wrote:
So my copy of Roll just showed up!
Unfortunately, it has some print issues and all of the tiles and chits are misaligned.
Fortunately, it's still completely playable.

I'll be sure to bring it on Saturday.

Will be hard to play unless we get some good dice trays. Or maybe just some unused game boxes. I'll bring a couple games as well.

Is anyone else coming?

Can't make it. I have people coming over for an all day Firefly/BSG game day.

Hopefully Rio Grand takes care of you for the printing problems. I've had a lot of luck with other companies replacing parts.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [601] |