Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sancmat wrote:
c_anemone wrote:
Played:

4/7 Trickerion

Ran out of time or quit. Has there ever been a full game of this at the bar? How was the new expansion(coming from someone who likes the base game)?

Quit because of time. Unfortunately, due to having a new player to the game, and the fact that we were playing with at least 2 of the new expansions modules, we went through 40-50 minutes of teaching before we even got started, and as a result we ran out of time. It probably did not help that Dan not only had to learn the expansion, but also the base game. I believe he might have been a bit overwhelmed (we played with base+dark alley+prophecies+academy & protege+signature tricks).

I really liked the addition of the Academy and the Protege, though this does add a significant amount of additional things to keep track of as it adds another worker (the protege) which you can level up with skills that you will need to track, as well as increasing the number of action points and cost for the protege, new ways to modify your trick performance yields, 5 new actions, a meaningful way to retire old tricks, an additional phase to the game round and new end game scoring. The signature was good, but given that we had a shorter game, my trick had more of an impact than others, as those with mid-level tricks barely had the opportunity to get them into play, whereas I had mine from the beginning. In a shorter game, this had a significant impact on the end game score.

We have had at least two full games of Trickerion in the brewery, but I do know that at least one of them was on a Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
c_anemone wrote:
"Rococo Deluxe

KS Date: March 2020

Designer: Matthias Cramer, Stefan Malz, Louis Malz
Artist: Ian O'Toole
Publisher: Eagle-Gryphon Games

The classic Rococo will finally be coming back in a new deluxe edition featuring all new artwork and graphic design from Ian O'Toole (Lisboa, On Mars, Scarlet Pimpernel)."

We'll have to discuss who's going to back this next year. We need at least one copy in the group. Fingers crossed that it'll have a backer level with fancy dresses to wear while playing.
Maybe they will have a Buy One Get One Free with the Kanban: Eletric Vehicle release. Also featuring art by Ian O'Toole and published by Eagle-Gryphon Games, and having a KS date of somewhere around Feb/March 2020.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fix
United States
St Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:
sancmat wrote:
c_anemone wrote:
Played:

4/7 Trickerion

Ran out of time or quit. Has there ever been a full game of this at the bar? How was the new expansion(coming from someone who likes the base game)?

Quit because of time. Unfortunately, due to having a new player to the game, and the fact that we were playing with at least 2 of the new expansions modules, we went through 40-50 minutes of teaching before we even got started, and as a result we ran out of time. It probably did not help that Dan not only had to learn the expansion, but also the base game. I believe he might have been a bit overwhelmed (we played with base+dark alley+prophecies+academy & protege+signature tricks).

I really liked the addition of the Academy and the Protege, though this does add a significant amount of additional things to keep track of as it adds another worker (the protege) which you can level up with skills that you will need to track, as well as increasing the number of action points and cost for the protege, new ways to modify your trick performance yields, 5 new actions, a meaningful way to retire old tricks, an additional phase to the game round and new end game scoring. The signature was good, but given that we had a shorter game, my trick had more of an impact than others, as those with mid-level tricks barely had the opportunity to get them into play, whereas I had mine from the beginning. In a shorter game, this had a significant impact on the end game score.

We have had at least two full games of Trickerion in the brewery, but I do know that at least one of them was on a Sunday.

Yeah, it was a bit like drinking from a fire hose. By the time I figured out what I wanted to do, I was 20 points behind, and the catch-up mechanisms are really not that helpful.

I probably would have enjoyed the game more if I had played the base game first by itself, so I could spend my time figuring out how the new expansions fit in, as opposed to looking at the whole thing as one giant game.

It's definitely more of a Sunday game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Waconia
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Shut the fridge. It's Game Board.
mbmbmbmbmb
sancmat wrote:
Has there ever been a full game of this at the bar?
We finished our game on Father's Day. You were playing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Waconia
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made other plans on Sunday, so you don't have to worry about me, Paul. Next time we meet on a Sunday, I'd like to try the new Trickerion stuff.

But I'm glad I got to play the new Aeon's End, even though the first scenario seemed impossible. Forgot how much I like that game. Thanks for bringing it, Tim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
c_anemone wrote:
sancmat wrote:
Has there ever been a full game of this at the bar?
We finished our game on Father's Day. You were playing...

Only because we cut it to 5 rounds mid game. Not the full 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick S
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
c_anemone wrote:
But I'm glad I got to play the new Aeon's End, even though the first scenario seemed impossible. Forgot how much I like that game. Thanks for bringing it, Tim.

It's kind of an odd nemesis, for sure. Everything is totally under control until all of the sudden it isn't. My wife and I were breezing through the boss, keeping most of the mat clear until we went straight to "1 more unleash and we lose!" Ended up winning with me knocked out, her at 2 health, and Gravehold at 4-5 or something. It was a lot of fun.

Aeon's End never ceases to amaze me that they have those bosses tuned so it almost always comes right down to the wire as to if you're going to win or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Waconia
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xonim wrote:
c_anemone wrote:

It's kind of an odd nemesis, for sure. Everything is totally under control until all of the sudden it isn't. My wife and I were breezing through the boss, keeping most of the mat clear until we went straight to "1 more unleash and we lose!" Ended up winning with me knocked out, her at 2 health, and Gravehold at 4-5 or something. It was a lot of fun.

Aeon's End never ceases to amaze me that they have those bosses tuned so it almost always comes right down to the wire as to if you're going to win or not.
Impressive. We were not even close to doing well. I think we did 1 damage to the boss both times we tried?

First try, we just sucked. But second try wasn't much better. We wasted a lot of time trying to open all the healer's spell slots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dont sell us so short
i think it was 2 damage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Lee
United States
Waconia
MN
flag msg tools
badge
fsociety
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone was waiting for funkoverse games to come out, they are available at Target now. They also qualify for this weeks 10 off 50 or 25 off 100 toy coupon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have a group for tonight? I am a available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody G
msg tools
Randomness
badge
DAIKAIJU
mbmbmbmbmb
In, will be there sometime between 4:30 and 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Waconia
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:
Do we have a group for tonight? I am a available.
Can you be early? Would like to play Trickerion or Tapestry again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fix
United States
St Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in as well. I can bring Tapestry, although I won't be able to get there earlier than 5:30 or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I can not be early. I need to get Aidan to cello lessons and pick up Xander from rehearsals. Probably won’t be there until almost 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Waconia
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
werewullf wrote:
In, will be there sometime between 4:30 and 5
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Lee
United States
Waconia
MN
flag msg tools
badge
fsociety
mbmbmbmbmb
Managed to get out of work at decent time so am headed over soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Waconia
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played:

Mental Blocks x3
Vast: The Crystal Caverns
Splendor
Tapestry
Black Angel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Been Quiet here.

I just found out what the Comets are for in Black angel. And no it's not a rule I've been getting wrong this whole time. It's something for solo mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone here actually have Tiny Epic M.E.C.H.S.? I'd be interested in trying it. They've been so hit or miss on their games I skipped it.

And is anyone backing Tiny Epic Dinosaurs. For reference I'm not. Don't have the extra funds right now and based on the above comment it's too high risk. but looks interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Wentling
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Tiny Epic Mechs. Only played it once but I like it. Not so sure about the Dinosaurs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm late on Septembers numbers

Games Played: 22
Plays: 42

New Games: 5
Best New Game: Black Angel
Honorable Mentions: Heroes of Land, Air, And Sea; The Artimis Project
Worst Game: None. I know it's a cop out but even Jungle speed wasn't horrible and it's glorified War.

Edit: Most Played: Black Angel (5)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Waconia
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think I did stats either.

Plays - 51 (thanks, Paul)
Most played - Heroes of Land, Air & Sea (6)
Best game - can't pick
Worst game - still 5211
Runners-up - The Bloody Inn, Cleopatra and the Society of Architects
Worst losses - Tapestry, Coimbra, Arboretum, Sushi Go Party
Best losses - Letters from Whitechapel, Martian Rails...I lose a lot
Best win - Parfum
Worst win - Wingspan

Locations - 8
YTD plays - 468
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To continue the trend of only Lisa and I posting:

I'll be there tomorrow.

I'll have

Thunderstone Quest: Barricades mode (Cooperative)
Keyflower
Between Two Castles of Mad King Ludwig (2018)
Clank! In! Space! (2017)
Martian Rails (2009)
Star Trek: Ascendancy (2016)
Room 25

I'm sure some other stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  590 , 591 , 592 , 593 , 594  Next »  [601] |