Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Bogen
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing my first game, and I am confused about the attack action. If I have 3 infantry units adjacent to an enemy unit and I attack it, am I permitted to use all three units to attack? It seems not, as I only get two actions per turn, and attacking is an action, which would use up one too many actions. Or is the attack considered just one action?

- Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ambroz Podkoritnik
Slovenia
Velenje
Europe
flag msg tools
mb
Only units attacking from the same hex (attacking the same target) is considered as one action. In your example you need 3 actions assuming they occupy different adjacent hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
BogenBlitz wrote:
I am playing my first game, and I am confused about the attack action. If I have 3 infantry units adjacent to an enemy unit and I attack it, am I permitted to use all three units to attack? It seems not, as I only get two actions per turn, and attacking is an action, which would use up one too many actions. Or is the attack considered just one action?

- Scott

Each unit participating in the attack must use an action:

8.13 Each unit participating in an attack against a single German-occupied hex must conduct an action in order to participate in the attack. A unit unable to conduct an action may not attack

Welcome to Omaha Beach!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bogen
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I see now. Thank you!!

The situation in which a German unit requires Flanking that is also paired with a depth marker that requires Flanking would be a situation where you need to have three units (minimum) attacking from three different hexes. I assume that in this circumstance you would have to have either a hero or an HQ nearby in order to get the "free" action(s) that would allow so many attack actions at once, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bogen
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ReggieMcFly wrote:
Correct!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
BogenBlitz wrote:

The situation in which a German unit requires Flanking that is also paired with a depth marker that requires Flanking would be a situation where you need to have three units (minimum) attacking from three different hexes. I assume that in this circumstance you would have to have either a hero or an HQ nearby in order to get the "free" action(s) that would allow so many attack actions at once, correct?

Don't forget Rangers. Ranger units always have free actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also don't forget that for turns 17-32, you get 3 actions per division.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bogen
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, All! This is great advice. I am having a blast playing this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.