Subject: Leg movement questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple doubts about legs (squads, half squads & sections) and moving:

1)Unit A has a FIRE command and is firing at unit B. B has a MOVE, but since it´s still combat phase, the MOVE command hasn´t been revealed. For vehicles, revealing the MOVE command is a good thing, as it makes you harder to hit, but with legs, revealing it is damaging, making you more likely to be damaged, decreasing your GPD. So the question is: Do you HAVE to reveal it during combat phase for legs? Or is the moving (-2 GPD) only applied in overwatch?

2)Leg unit is moving (it has 2 movement points). It expends one, is a target of a overwatch, and gets suppressed. Does it have to stop, as 1/2 its remaining MP are 0 (round down)? If it was executing a quick march, what would happen?

Thanks a lot,
Eduardo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without looking at the rules again, I seem to recall that you are considered moving if you have a Move or Short Halt command. This must be momentarily revealed when the attack is declared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit.... Reveal the move marker.

For op fire, that is a good question. I can't think to how we handled it and I don't see it explicitly mentioned in the rules. I hesitate to answer as I'm sure someone else knows what the ruling is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Galli
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
The 4th Hussars Do Not Ride Donkeys!
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Question 1, I asked Jim this same question on Consimworld a couple months ago and got the following answer:

Quote:
1. An infantry squad in clear terrain is being fired at with GP fire. The squad has an unrevealed move order. Revealing the order would lower the squad's GPD by 2 (which would be bad). Can the player still choose not to reveal this order (as with AP fire) so that this negative modifier is not applied?

No, you must state that the squad is moving. In the case of the tank, it's easier to hit if the Move Command isn't revealed. That helps if your opponent is making very low odds shots just to see who's moving or not.

Regarding Question 2, I don't know what the official answer is, but I would assume that the now suppressed unit has to stop. Seeing as suppressed units cannot quickmarch, I would also assume that if a unit becomes suppressed during its move then it can no longer use its quickmarch movement speed. However, you might want to wait for the official answer on this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eduardoh wrote:
Couple doubts about legs (squads, half squads & sections) and moving:

1)Unit A has a FIRE command and is firing at unit B. B has a MOVE, but since it´s still combat phase, the MOVE command hasn´t been revealed. For vehicles, revealing the MOVE command is a good thing, as it makes you harder to hit, but with legs, revealing it is damaging, making you more likely to be damaged, decreasing your GPD. So the question is: Do you HAVE to reveal it during combat phase for legs? Or is the moving (-2 GPD) only applied in overwatch?

2)Leg unit is moving (it has 2 movement points). It expends one, is a target of a overwatch, and gets suppressed. Does it have to stop, as 1/2 its remaining MP are 0 (round down)? If it was executing a quick march, what would happen?

1) you have to declare the unit's move order if it is receiving fire.

2) the instant you are supressed, all the effects are applied immediatly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For question 2, it almost seems like you have to do some careful thinking. If they are executing quickmarch, they would lose quickmarch as a suppressed unit cannot quickmarch. So you would need to figure what their walking speed is, half that, then subtract what they have already moved. Knowing that, you would know if they had exceeded their half walking speed or had any movement left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Eduardoh wrote:

1) Section 6.5.4.2.2 of the rules states that a moving leg unit must subtract 2 from its listed GP Defense (minimum 1), therefore it must reveal whether or not it is moving. You can't hide that information.

2) Section 6.6.2 of the rules states that suppressed units move at 1/2 (round down) if their movement speed allowance. Therefore it must stop. Suppressed leg units may not Quickmarch (6.6.4.2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.