Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the empty space in base box, its about time we got a new proper expansion. Any news on that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ng
Singapore
Singapore
Bedok
flag msg tools
Extremely curious about this as well....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see an expansion that cleans up the "campaign" rules, so it's easier and more worthwhile to upgrade your characters between missions. Simplest "fix", IMO, would be to allow "characters" to keep certain Black Market cards in their starting decks between rounds, or to permanently ban specific Obstacles or Crossfire cards from future games with that character based on your actions/experience.

A new set (or entirely new category?) of cards could address this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I want to see more. Maybe a set of easier barriers to ease players into the full Crossfire experience. Considering how long it took Crossfire to appear, and their tumblr posts on a Shadowrun boardgame in testing, as well as no news on Shadowrun Sprawl Gangers... I would say next year might see the appearance of an expansion pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Next year would be too late, I'm afraid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ng
Singapore
Singapore
Bedok
flag msg tools
Some part of me guess that the publishers hoped to be at least as popular as Pathfinders ACG. From what I observed, maybe the sales a tad low so they might be taking a second thought about future expansions.

Given how crazy hard Shadowrun is even in RPG form, don't think they will lower the difficulty. It seems to be their uniqueness among all the RPGs available.

Given how it is largely similar to Space Hulk Death Angel in terms of difficulty and niche appeal. I will be very happy even if they just add small expansion packs.

I love the effort they put in to introduce newcomers like me to the Shadowrun world with the lore book and novel excerpt. I still wishfully hope they add more content, be it crowd funded like GMT P500 or Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Reed
United States
Saratoga Springs
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get your vote in here! 20 Most Desired Expansions (Unplanned) of 2015 -- VOTING IS CLOSED (1129 votes)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read somewhere on the Catalyst Labs website (news story talking about the mission contest that they held in November / December) that they had already targeted a release of a Mission Pack (no other detail given at this time). I think this is the easiest type of expansion that they could and would significantly lengthen the life of the game (provides more diversity in game play). Personally I would love to see a couple of additional missions for each difficulty level, as well as a couple of more that are built for solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Umm... no. Judging by the content they've released up to now (the ones to download on webpage), missions are just rehash of the very same thing, just named differently. I was severely disappointed by the Into the Ork Underground. I highly doubt that there's much more to discover in this area, given current mechanics. The game needs more choices and, in general, depth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Umm... no. Judging by the content they've released up to now (the ones to download on webpage), missions are just rehash of the very same thing, just named differently. I was severely disappointed by the Into the Ork Underground. I highly doubt that there's much more to discover in this area, given current mechanics. The game needs more choices and, in general, depth.

I did not take it as the Mission Pack referenced was the same as the downloadable missions available on the site (as they were mentioned further along in the same news post). This is taken directly from the news article I was reading:

Quote:
Shadowrun: Crossfire is in the wilds, being played and enjoyed by thousands of gamers. Not only has it had great critical acclaim, but it’s rapidly selling out of its first print run; we’re already lining up a second printing, and the first Mission Pack!

Further down they then reference their free missions. Here is a link to the article I referenced: http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2014/11/03/create-a-shadowru...

I could be completely wrong, but if they planned to go to market with additional missions, I would assume that there would be more than the relatively bland options that are currently available for free. Given a creative designer, I do think that there could be quite a bit of variety by just coming up with unique missions given the initial card set that we have (or perhaps adding small amount of specific cards for each mission).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very extreme curious about the next unplanned expansions for this game.

I'll not buy it if they don't support to increase the longevity of the campaign and the replayvalue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
BGFreakDag2PT wrote:
I'm very extreme curious about the next unplanned expansions for this game.

I'll not buy it if they don't support to increase the longevity of the campaign and the replayvalue.

Yeah, I mean there's only 32 missions in the box. How stingy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pintsizepete wrote:

Huh? I only have 3 mission cards in my box: Crossfire, Extraction and Dragon Fight. Now there are diversity in the missions as you will draw different crossfire cards and different obstacles, but it is still 3 missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:
Pintsizepete wrote:

Huh? I only have 3 mission cards in my box: Crossfire, Extraction and Dragon Fight. Now there are diversity in the missions as you will draw different crossfire cards and different obstacles, but it is still 3 missions.

Yeah, I thought this was a different game's forum. I'll just duck out of here with a hood over my head and hope nobody noticed me. I clicked on 35 Imperial Assault threads in a row and there was apparently one Shadowrun thread mixed in there.

You're right, the mission variety is low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fozzy fosbourne
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
I emailed Catalyst Game Labs and they have mentioned they will have some news on this front in a month. Very excited! I think this game fills an important niche and would like to see it get some more buzz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ideas how they could add additional classes while keeping the current cards still relevant? Seems they painted themselves in a corner there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott R
msg tools
Based on the obstacles, new classes would presumably have to use the same color scheme. While I'm sure they could add another color to new obstacles as well as new cards, I'm not sure how well that'd balance out numbers-wise. So a Shaman class would still use blue cards, but they could come up with entirely new blue Black Market cards - if not using the Mage, take out the base set blues and put in the Shaman blues. If using both, put them both in.

Shaman - blue
Rigger - green
PhysAd - red, maybe? I haven't played SR 5th edition so I don't know if physads are still considered to use Magic as their power source, but since it's all internalized it seems like it'd be better reflected as Skills than as Mana cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan Potter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grove123 wrote:
Any ideas how they could add additional classes while keeping the current cards still relevant? Seems they painted themselves in a corner there

There's a fan expansion here on BGG that touches on that very thing (and is free): [geekurl=https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1299834/fan-expansion-hunters-arsenal]https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1299834/fan-expansion-hunte...[/geekurl]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-bit Matt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razorwind wrote:
I still wishfully hope they add more content, be it crowd funded like GMT P500 or Kickstarter.

Lots of publishers going the Kickstarter route; seems to work well, less risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathius Nightingale
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
I would love to see an expansion that cleans up the "campaign" rules, so it's easier and more worthwhile to upgrade your characters between missions. Simplest "fix", IMO, would be to allow "characters" to keep certain Black Market cards in their starting decks between rounds, or to permanently ban specific Obstacles or Crossfire cards from future games with that character based on your actions/experience.

A new set (or entirely new category?) of cards could address this...

This, this, this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smullens
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
They could add a neutral damage type. Which would open up some new possibilities.

1) a Strong damager -A player with All neutrals in their starting deck, including two '2' neutral damage cards. Once per turn he can turn 2 neutral damage into one other damage type. (sorta of like built-in karma upgrades, but he basically has to use them)

2) A verstile character - Somebody with some hybrid cards, (red/blue, black/green, etc..) that can be used as either color -- but also some neutral cards so he needs to use those hybrid cards wisely or he'll be stuck with just raw damage.

3) Alternates for each role: A face with 2 street smarts, 3 of the other starting hands, a A neutral damage card, and a 'heal 1 damage' card

A decker with 2 basic hacking, 3 of the other starting cards, a neutral damage card, and a 1 damage hacking card that can be returned to hand by discarding a different card

A Mage with 2 mana, 3 other starting cards, a neutral damage card, and a 1 damage spell that lets you look at the top card of your deck..

4) Rather than having a different starting deck you could just change some key mechanic - like drawing 3 cards instead of 2, but only at the start of your turn instead (Or something, like that - I couldn't actually think of a lot of good examples of mechanic changes)

Obviously these would need to be tested for balance so the alternates are not just better or weaker - but there are plenty of Concepts that could be applied to make new classes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.