Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played as Naboo while my friend Scott commanded the Federation. It was his first play my third. I hadn't seen the Naboo win yet so I thought I could beat him and say, "Ok this game is well balanced." Unfortunately for me, that didn't happen causing me to think the Naboo have a thougher time in this game (or my strategy is flawed). My strategy was get some people in the throne room quick (which I was able to do by my second turn), get the center catapult in range (did that first turn), do some damage to Darth Maul early on, and once those objectives were complete try to load up on moving Anakin and if I had no cards to move Anakin just continue to knock down Darth Maul.

On my fourth turn I had met my objectives and had 6 Anakin cards in my hand with two bonus on the table. I thought *everything is proceeding as I have forseen*. So I loaded up with Anakin cards. The federation had only one starfighter card on the board. I passed all the way up to within two spots of the driod ship by the end of that turn. I couldn't move Anakin forward on the next turn even with 2 cards. Then my opponent loaded up starfighter cards making it more difficult.

I didn't get any Anakin cards for a while and managed to defeat Darth Maul and gain the 5 bonus cards while my oppenent began slowly knocking off my Palace guards. He was able to significantly reduce my force to only 5 by the time I had defeated Darth Maul. I choose all my bonus cards from the Battlefield deck hoping to breakthrough on the Driod ship with Anakin and claim victory. The next round began and we played through our hand. My opponent knocked me down to 3 characters remaining before I came up to my bonus cards. The nail bitting began. Will I breakthrough or be defeated on the next turn? I was able to breathrough all the starfighter cards and made 3 challenges on the last space to no avail. The next turn I started off with an Anakin and again no luck! Obi-wan was killed and I was left with only Qui-gon and the Red Queen (not enough for majority) and the game ended.

I know I should've won but I still had a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.