Hide
6 Posts

Catan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Harbor's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bran Jefferson
msg tools
So ive searched and havent found an answer ive been looking for. I just got the game and the 5-6 expansion and someone i know says that when you upgrade a settlement on a harbor to a city you can change the harbor rate to one thats no in play.

so example if you have a city on a 3-1 ? you have an option to change it to one of the chits too a 2-1 wood.

is this a rule in the book because i havent seen it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never heard that rule. Maybe your friend played some sort of variant. I'd trust yor rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never heard of that either. Even as a variant, I haven't heard of it. And I've heard of a LOT of variants!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a new variant to me too. Not that bad if you to use it though. A city on a harbor already isn't worth that much (unless you're playing Harbor Master variant).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n7dz wrote:
So ive searched and havent found an answer ive been looking for. I just got the game and the 5-6 expansion and someone i know says that when you upgrade a settlement on a harbor to a city you can change the harbor rate to one thats no in play.

so example if you have a city on a 3-1 ? you have an option to change it to one of the chits too a 2-1 wood.

is this a rule in the book because i havent seen it.

You couldn't find it in the rule book since it is no official rule.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What other nonsense does that person tell you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.