Popular Tags: [View All]
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okay i read the FAQ, and read all the entries here, and i have seen no mention of the total incomprehensibility of the multi creature combat rules. i mean, is it just dead simple and deadly, that you add each attack card value to the others, and compare that with your "single" attack card value (plus and minus any bonuses of course)? Or, do you fight your card against each enemy card individually? there's no examples in the manual, and no mention anywhere i can find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so it's just as confusing to everyone else, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Werth
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
My initial read is for a 3 against 1 fight, say, you draw 3 combat cards for your opponents and total the attack and defense numbers up, then add modifiers. This is the clearest read from the text of the rules. Otherwise, the rules should have said "fight 3 separate fights in sequence".

Instead, the rules just say combat is the same "with this exception": "for each opponent the player faces draw a combat card." Not super clear, but seems to mean that you draw, say, 3 cards and add the numbers up.

This also seems consistent with the rules in the next paragraph, the rules for players ganging up to fight other NPC's - in that instance, each player plays a combat card and the supporting player "adds his combat card and modifiers to that of the existing player". Again, no mention of separate, sequential fights. Instead, it seems to be one big fight with numbers being totaled on each side.

Though I have yet to play the game, I can imagine that fighting 3 NPCs could result in a situation where 3 combat cards will ALWAYS have a total defense number higher than the single attack number the player plays. In that case, winning a fight becomes impossible and running is the only answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Jones
msg tools
mb
When we played, we drew a card for each monster and then compared each card with the card the character played. This means the character for example plays the A0 D6 card and thus defends against each opponent with attack lower than 6.

I don't know if this is the way, combat is intended but it works, if you got, say, 5 opponents. You just defend and then try to run away. Otherwise without accompanying NPCs you would be simply dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.