Popular Tags: [View All]
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much can the items bought from town be sold for? For example, the Pickaxe?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkon Joe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be listed in the lower corner of the card. As far as I have found out it's a fourth of the prize for buying the item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Mara
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Town items may be sold for half of the purchase price.
"Items purchased in Town may also be sold later for 50% of the value you paid to get the Item." (pg. 39 - Adventure Book)

As far as Gear cards, yes the coin value on the bottom right is the selling price. However, there seems to be no formula for this price in regards to their respective town prices. I've seen ratios of 1/2 all the way to 1/4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
items (services cannot be sold) bought in town for which there are no cards can be sold for 50% of their initial value

items you find/buy that are represented by cards that you drew at some point can be sold for the full amount listed on the card (see rules page 19).

there is no rule that says you sell them for 1/4 of their value or was this caused by some event roll/chart?
EDIT: there is indeed a discrepancy between the value of an item represented by a card and the buy/sell value of that same item from the list of items of a town location, i'm bnot sure why but I suppose it can represent a better quality or lesser quality version (though with no game effect) or its rarity factor

when trading between players, you can decide the amount between yourselves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.