BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming

Subject: pr-game comes to life again rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trond Meistad
Norway
Drammen
flag msg tools
The old Puerto Rico implementation on pr-game.com died.

After this came to my attention, I toyed around with a new implementation, and is now so far, that I can promise it.

It will look and feel like the old site, but since everything is built from scratch, I'll expand it in the order and direction, you, the players, would like it to be.

The first version will probably appear in January, latest February.

Trond
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Klein
Israel
Maale Adumim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yay! We really appreciate your picking up the ball again on this. It was a marvelous site and I am looking forward to the new one. Way to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you have a licence for publishing an online-version of Puerto Rico?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kai96 wrote:

Who are you, the copyright holder or their lawyer? If neither, it's not really your place to ask that question, is it? And if you were either, you would probably already know the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, he probably knows quite a bit about the legality of implementing board games on websites, considering the work he's done getting games onto the yucata website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably I could have asked the question smarter. I wanted to give him a hint in case he don't know about the need of a licence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Wilke
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwiccan wrote:
Kai96 wrote:

Who are you, the copyright holder or their lawyer? If neither, it's not really your place to ask that question, is it? And if you were either, you would probably already know the answer.

And who are you to tell him which questions he's allowed to ask?
The question is valid as we actually know that Ravensburger is not very free with Puerto Rico licenses. Which is also understandable.

And many online gamers are actually respecting intellectual property rights even though there's a minority claiming that this doesn't apply to games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sacred Ninja
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't we just all have a little fun?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be fun for the OP to rebuild the site from scratch, but running the risk to be forced to take it down again because he didn't have a license for the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Meistad
Norway
Drammen
flag msg tools
pr-game will not come to life again, not be my hand. Since doing this for free but with expenses, knowing that it is disliked, controversial, and can be forced shut down, takes all the fun and joy out of it.

I have much respect for the Yucata team and what the have accomplished. They have the best online gaming site, and I know that Puerto Rico is probably highest on their want-to-implement list.

If I want to make other game implementations again, I do have the permissions for these, which makes me comfortable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the meantime, you can play Puerto Rico online at Board Game Arena:
http://en.boardgamearena.com/#!gamepanel?game=puertorico

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.