BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: Board Games at the Beach April 24th-26th [Wilmington, NC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heath Newton
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Cape Fear Games presents, Board Games at the Beach, the first annual Board Game Convention will take place Friday, April 24th starting at 8am through Sunday, April 26th.

The event will take place at the Hampton Inn Medical Park on 17th st. in the Azalea Room and Boardroom.

Entry Fee: $40 (Weekend Pass) or $70 for 2x Weekend Badges (the Couple pass): List registrants names in the comment box.

http://www.capefeargames.com/catalog/event_registration-boar...

Hampton Inn Wilmington - Medical Park

2320 S 17th St

Wilmington, NC 28401

910-796-8881

Block under "Cape Fear Games"

Standard (2Queen) $89/night

King Suite $99/night

group rate is good through 3/27/15

Email info@capefeargames.com with questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome Heath!

Cape Fear Games is a class act and is sure to put on a great event. This is a first time venture for CFG, so time will tell what the size of the event will be. Bottom line if you like to play board games there will be folks there who would love to accommodate your impulses. I don't know exactly what they have planned (events, tournaments, etc.), but there will be plenty of open gaming I am sure.

Anyone not familiar with historic Wilmington, NC needs to attend this event. The hotel is located near the downtown area, so it is just a short drive to experience some great restaurants, a large dose of southern hospitality and culture. As the title of the event would also indicate there are some very beautiful beaches in the area also only a short drive away.

So, come on out and play some games with us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Pensyl
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Serene and stately, the Aurochs are natural diplomats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in for this. Can't wait to have our own local convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I might attend.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Newton
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
DKahnt wrote:
I think I might attend.

-DK

Awesome! Please let me know if you have any questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
CapeFearGames wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
I think I might attend.

-DK

Awesome! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Registered.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rector
msg tools
mb
Is there a posted Games Library for this event yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you have some time, would appreciate any feedback or contributions you could make to this:
http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/34647/so-you-want-run-con#...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Newton
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hi David,

Below is the newly created Board Games List. We do have lots of locals with plenty of games. If there is something in particular that you would like to play or bring, mark it on the sheet.

Thanks!

Andrew

https://docs.google.com/a/capefeargames.com/spreadsheets/d/1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am one of the locals attending the event and I can attest to the fact that our group has a very large inventory of games. Over the next month I will add to the list some of the games I plan on bringing to the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Newton
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Bump. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mammal Pants
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I am pretty interested in attending. Wondering what kind of itinerary you guys have planned. Is this just a massive meetup and play or will there be different game developers/publishers showcasing games/Role Play Systems etc? I saw the game list and was curious about the exact layout of the weekend; I have some games of my own not on the list, I would love to share with people and teach them how to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Newton
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
We would love to have you. The format is similar to a game night at a friend's house, only with more people and lasting for 3 days. There isn't a whole lot of structure in terms of activities or events. There will be a play-to-win table, and possibly some attendee run tournaments. The main event is open play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Newton
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Nice little update on The Examiner from Wilmington's own, Skip Maloney
http://www.examiner.com/article/cape-fear-game-store-to-host...

There are two tournaments planned:

King of Tokyo, Free, Space Penguin Promo to 1st
King of New York, Free, Alpha Zombie Promo to 1st

Deadline to register is tomorrow, Friday, April 17th

http://www.capefeargames.com/catalog/event_registration-boar...

https://www.facebook.com/events/1562913133927770/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron McClung
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Hello,

If any of you all are looking for a gaming convention in the area, please check out MACE East.

MACE is a series of gaming cons - the primary one in Charlotte, another in Asheville called MACE West and now we are opening one up in Wilmington in Jan.

MACE East 2016
January 08-10 2016
Hilton Wilmington Riverside
Wilmington, NC

MACE East is accepting game proposals for our gaming con in January. If you are interested in running games at MACE (running 3 sessions or 12 hours gets you in free) , please contact me and I will walk you through the proposal system on OGRe. Thanks! Hope to see you at our newest MACE event!

http://www.justusproductions.com/category/justus-events/mace...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.