Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb

We had some quick modifications done to some of the parts, to raise the back plates so that they stick up a bit above the cards.

you will need a 3d printer with at least 6" build height.

I'm just getting the mechanical engineer at work to get the STL files that we used to print together, then i'll upload them to maker space or thingiverse as soon as i get them.

To keep everyone sated though... here's the card holder portion! just waiting on the backings and i'll post a reply to this thread!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:622503
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
can ya show us the front of it!? all the images are form the back or side!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adria has a lot of the images in her gallery.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/2361370/adria

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some pictures, larger versions this time.

This last picture is just to show how the two pieces go together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I could help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
can ya show us the front of it!? all the images are form the back or side!

yeah i didn't think about putting the front picture on there, cause it's fairly generic from the front...

the back and side illustrate what it is fairly well.

but if you want, i'll see about getting a shot from the front done without cards done up tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Pascaud
France
Saint Aunes
Herault
flag msg tools
My friends call me "Sly" during games. I can't propose alliances anymore.
badge
My wife and I are offering painting commission services for your miniatures !
mbmbmbmbmb
'haha ! I just happened to write to your wife about these a few days ago. Thanks for sharing them, that's really cool laugh

I can't wait to have the rest and start printing. Well... make my friend with a 3D printer print them anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinsssounet wrote:
'haha ! I just happened to write to your wife about these a few days ago. Thanks for sharing them, that's really cool laugh

I can't wait to have the rest and start printing. Well... make my friend with a 3D printer print them anyway.

I know... she forwarded the emails...

I had been meaning to get these uploaded... but i'm what you call... "lazy"

so it took a bit of time. but here's at least the card holder portion, and i'm going to learn how to do the modifications so i can update the back drops for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was our Numenera night last night, so I didn't get around to fixing up the files.

but i did get a tutorial from our solidworks pro at work on how to do it... so it shouldn't take terribly long when i get home today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Michael Bridge
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
is the orientation shown in the preview on thingiverse the recommendation way to print it (i.e. on its 'back') or should it be rotated to 'upright' orientation before printing? can't quite tell which way will require less support material...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be rotated so that the open portions face upwards, it should require no support structures at all to print. at least i didn't use any.

but i'm not sure why it's orientation is like that on thingiverse.

There are triangular cutouts on the print, they should point upwards when you print it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, i attempted my first modification of a part to create the added height requirement and uploaded the tentacle back plate.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:624611

here's the link!

hope it works, if someone can print them out and let me know that would be fantastic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Piechocki
msg tools
mbmbmb
Going to see if someone at my gaming group on alternate Wednesdays will let me print a set out for my own use (plus I might suggest it to some others as well) - so should have a "field report" soon for you.

We meet at a local Makerspace that has 2 Makerbots and a Scratch-Built 3D Printer [and on the latter, yes, they're nuts - but a few NASA retirees in the mix and such so they've got some know-how] - so at least one should be compatible with the files - just a question of the height limit and if they'll allow me to lock down one for 6 hrs to print them as a guest rather than a full member.

[If they won't - I will be becoming a member eventually but with how luck's been mounting with the car and such probably next year at the current rate.... since $50/mo to make projects is pretty worthless when my project budget is basically tapped every month for emergency item #34]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaclavRomanov wrote:
Going to see if someone at my gaming group on alternate Wednesdays will let me print a set out for my own use (plus I might suggest it to some others as well) - so should have a "field report" soon for you.

We meet at a local Makerspace that has 2 Makerbots and a Scratch-Built 3D Printer [and on the latter, yes, they're nuts - but a few NASA retirees in the mix and such so they've got some know-how] - so at least one should be compatible with the files - just a question of the height limit and if they'll allow me to lock down one for 6 hrs to print them as a guest rather than a full member.

[If they won't - I will be becoming a member eventually but with how luck's been mounting with the car and such probably next year at the current rate.... since $50/mo to make projects is pretty worthless when my project budget is basically tapped every month for emergency item #34]

What 3d printer do they have at the maker space?

we printed this on a makerbot replicator 2, and it almost maxes out the height in that printer.

I think most printers have about 6" of build height. most of the ones i was looking at had at least 6".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bracken Rawlings
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it fit sleeved cards as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it fits sleeved cards.

But due to the increased thickness of sleeved cards, you wouldn't get anywhere near as many cards in the holder.

We've already created a special holder for the mine cards (with an extended Gear card spot), and some other sections are getting pretty full (we have Cynder and a few monster packs). I know the Gear deck wouldn't fit if sleeved, and the other mine decks (Artifacts, Maps, Encounters) might not fit either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BRILLIANT!!! Many thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.