Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: I just rented Lost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have managed to avoid everything about this show for whatever, 2 years or whatever it's been on. So I knew literally nothing about it except that it was some people who had their airplane crash on an island. I didn't even know the Party of Five guy was in it.

Holy. Shit.

This is a good damn show. I watched the first three discs starting last night, literally didn't stop until I fell asleep at about 5 in the morning, then finished them when I woke up. Now I have to wait for the next three to come from Netflix. I can't believe a show this good was on regular TV.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, well, the thing you learn fast is that if you're a cast member and you get arrested for drunk driving outside of the show, your character dies on the show! Wait for it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
This is a good damn show.


That's just how the damn thing sucks you in at first and makes you its bitch, throwing all manner of crazy crap at you over the course of a season. 17th-century slave ships? Smog monsters? Creepy one-handed guys on video? All part of the fun, and you don't need to explain any of it because it's a SPOOKY island!

All of this is why I have an extreme love-hate relationship with this show -- and yet like a sucker I tune in each week anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been doing a similar "LALALA" avoidance of news about the show. My wife and I are utterly hooked and 1/4 of the way through the second season (I bought the DVDs). However, I will never click on this thread again to avoid inadvertant spoilers. Enjoy!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cap, you are probably watching it the best way, all the re-runs were pretty frustrating last year.

But, yeah, it's fun stuff!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
Quote:
This is a good damn show.


That's just how the damn thing sucks you in at first and makes you its bitch, throwing all manner of crazy crap at you over the course of a season. 17th-century slave ships? Smog monsters? Creepy one-handed guys on video? All part of the fun, and you don't need to explain any of it because it's a SPOOKY island!

All of this is why I have an extreme love-hate relationship with this show -- and yet like a sucker I tune in each week anyway.


Like the X-Files, this show is approaching "do not touch" status with me. I don't care to hear anyone's criticisms, or the-early-stuff-was-betterisms. I even liked the Robert Patrick era. "24" had a chance, but the amnesia sequence and multiple kidnappings of Jack's stupid daughter in the first season killed any chance at elite status. Now I really am signing off of this thread. Goodbye.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Yeah, well, the thing you learn fast is that if you're a cast member and you get arrested for drunk driving outside of the show, your character dies on the show! Wait for it.


Lmaoooo! laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
I have managed to avoid everything about this show for whatever, 2 years or whatever it's been on. So I knew literally nothing about it except that it was some people who had their airplane crash on an island. I didn't even know the Party of Five guy was in it.

Holy. Shit.

This is a good damn show. I watched the first three discs starting last night, literally didn't stop until I fell asleep at about 5 in the morning, then finished them when I woke up. Now I have to wait for the next three to come from Netflix. I can't believe a show this good was on regular TV.


Welcome to the club. In a way, what you are doing is best. You have 2 Seasons to catch up on and will get your "answer fixes" much quicker than the rest of us. Be sure to check back in when you are addicted like a crack whore and then have to wait 2 months through repeats until it's sweeps month again for a new episode!

laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon W.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Quote:
"24" had a chance, but the amnesia sequence and multiple kidnappings of Jack's stupid daughter in the first season killed any chance at elite status.


Holy crap! I've been saying this for years. -Stupidest story arc ever. Talk about a way to ruin momentum.

BTW, I love Lost...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:

This is a good damn show. I watched the first three discs starting last night, literally didn't stop until I fell asleep


The first season was definately the best. Hey, John, let us know what you think of the episode "Numbers". Definately my favorite. I love the end and Hurley.

Sterling
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched about half the first season then got distracted. I really did enjoy it though so someday I will rent the whole thing and do a marathon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Yeah, well, the thing you learn fast is that if you're a cast member and you get arrested for drunk driving outside of the show, your character dies on the show! Wait for it.


Spoiler (click to reveal)
Boone? Shannon?


Don't tell me if it's someone else.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sbabcock wrote:

The first season was definately the best. Hey, John, let us know what you think of the episode "Numbers". Definately my favorite. I love the end and Hurley.

Sterling


Wow, I am loving Season 2 even more than Season 1 so far! But yeah, Numbers was awesome. WHAT THE HELL DO THEY MEAN? Don't tell me.

I think my favorite characters are John and Sayid. I really, REALLY don't like AnnaLucia. And Kate and Jack are dumbasses.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And would freaking Charlie hit it already? God, that guy drives me nuts. The peanut butter was your in, dude!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I enjoy reading your reactions to the show more than the show itself.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
I think I enjoy reading your reactions to the show more than the show itself.


Good, then I'm going to keep posting them!

I hope Hurley hooks up with the hot psychiatrist. I wish Claire would do something other than wave her baby around and whine. I'm getting sick of Jack's superiority complex. I knew I could trust Sayid's gut reaction to the prisoner, he's my favorite now (sorry John, you're bad ass, but you're too much of a weiner in your flashbacks).

And what the hell initiated the lockdown? Supply drop?

AND WHAT THE HELL ARE THE HEIROGLYPHICS THAT COME UP RED AND BLACK WHEN YOU DON'T PRESS THE BUTTONS FAST ENOUGH?

Don't tell me any of this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
Avatar
mb
CapAp wrote:
Jatoha wrote:
I think I enjoy reading your reactions to the show more than the show itself.


Good, then I'm going to keep posting them!

I hope Hurley hooks up with the hot psychiatrist. I wish Claire would do something other than wave her baby around and whine. I'm getting sick of Jack's superiority complex. I knew I could trust Sayid's gut reaction to the prisoner, he's my favorite now (sorry John, you're bad ass, but you're too much of a weiner in your flashbacks).

And what the hell initiated the lockdown? Supply drop?

AND WHAT THE HELL ARE THE HEIROGLYPHICS THAT COME UP RED AND BLACK WHEN YOU DON'T PRESS THE BUTTONS FAST ENOUGH?

Don't tell me any of this.


Don't worry - none of us know anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
CapAp wrote:
Jatoha wrote:
I think I enjoy reading your reactions to the show more than the show itself.


Good, then I'm going to keep posting them!

I hope Hurley hooks up with the hot psychiatrist. I wish Claire would do something other than wave her baby around and whine. I'm getting sick of Jack's superiority complex. I knew I could trust Sayid's gut reaction to the prisoner, he's my favorite now (sorry John, you're bad ass, but you're too much of a weiner in your flashbacks).

And what the hell initiated the lockdown? Supply drop?

AND WHAT THE HELL ARE THE HEIROGLYPHICS THAT COME UP RED AND BLACK WHEN YOU DON'T PRESS THE BUTTONS FAST ENOUGH?

Don't tell me any of this.


Don't worry - none of us know anyway.



You're in for a treat, Cap--season 3 has been off to the races so far. No spoilers, but I've loved every episode thus far, where I got sort of bored halfway through season 2.



Yeah, seeing these post-reactions to the show is pretty funny. Glad you're enjoying the show!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MICHAEL YOU SON OF A BITCH
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nairb Attobas
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
MICHAEL YOU SON OF A BITCH


I'm guessing you're getting near the end of Season 2?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
MICHAEL YOU SON OF A BITCH


yep.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
MICHAEL YOU SON OF A BITCH


and now you see who got arrested for drunk driving
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm all caught up.

Outrageous.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/01
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.