Subject: Any word on a comprehensive new rulebook? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm strongly considering buying this game as I find the period very interesting, but I'm a little concerned about the fairly high number of posts with rule corrections or referrals to other forums (CoSimWorld) for rule updates.

Is Worthington planning on simply releasing a fixed and comprehensive new rulebook in future batches of Victoria Cross?

It's not that I'm against printing out rule errata, and Victoria Cross CERTAINLY isn't the only game that required rules-tweaking after release, but the price tag is a bit on the high side considering the paper map(?), and I would expect a largely buffed preprinted ruleset as a result. I'm concerned this MIGHT not be the case.

-TF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchfield
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Russell,

As of right now we aren't planning on doing a new printing. That said, and being that this was our first title, this could be something that changes in the near future.

One note though, we do have a comprehensive resources section on our Victoria Cross page located here http://members.cox.net/worthingtongames/VictoriaCross.html .

There you will find Walt Mulder's line of site chart (which ships with the game now) and Stan Hilinski's comprehensive FAQ. These should handle any issues.

As for the map you will find it is thicker than the typical paper wargame map. It is of a thicker stock like the Columbia Wargames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, Matt.

I think the Line-Of-Sight chart appeared to be the biggest vacuum in the rules from what I've been able to piece together. The other errata just appears to be standard stuff for games of this level, and is expected to a degree, so it pleases me to read that the chart ships with the game now.

I think I'll be giving this one a whirl.

Thanks, again.

-TF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get the game. It's a LOT of fun!!! The rules aren't that difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second that. Very fun game with simple rules. They may seem a bit confusing as you read them the first time, but once you play through a turn, everything becomes quite clear. I was playing solo today when my 7 year old son came to peek over my shoulder and he was able to catch on very quickly to what was going on. Don't let rules questions scare you off...it just isn't that complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.