Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Wednesday Lunchtime Gaming @ Fandom II downtown Ottawa - January 7th rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We meet in the basement of Fandom II on Wednesdays at noon to play games that play within an hour. All are welcome!

Happy New Year to everyone, I look forward to getting together on Wednesday again. I have a couple of new (to me) card games from the holidays that I will bring along, Parade and Sushi Go!. I hope you don't mind braving the cold that is being called for this week. If someone has something they received as a gift or something that they would just like to hit the table please share it and bring it along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there with Hanabi and Machi Koro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Andrews
Canada
flag msg tools
I will bring imperial assault. The starter scenario is about 55 min.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
darknoj wrote:
I will bring imperial assault. The starter scenario is about 55 min.

WHAAT?!? Sign me up.

I'm a seasoned Descent 2.0 veteran, so I'm familiar with the system.

You may want to get there early to set up in advance though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Matos
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See you guys there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Andrews
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the games agin guys.

Drew mentioned he would be interested in learning AGoT. If others are i can bring a few starter decks next time to teach either the 1v1 or 3 to 4 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darknoj wrote:

Drew mentioned he would be interested in learning AGoT. If others are i can bring a few starter decks next time to teach either the 1v1 or 3 to 4 player game.

Yes, for sure. I'm definitely interested in trying it out. But I have kind of a weird request. I've only finished the first three books, so I don't want any spoilers from the last two books on any of the cards. If that's too difficult to accommodate, I don't mind waiting a few months until I've finished the series.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I do already know that Dany's dragons eventually grow large enough to ride on, but beyond that I'm still in the dark.

P.S. Imperial Assault was awesome!! I'd definitely be up for another skirmish sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darknoj wrote:

Sorry I'm not sure what agot is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jme198 wrote:
darknoj wrote:

Sorry I'm not sure what agot is?

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What did you guys play, by the way? Was it Sushi Go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played sushi go, parade and one other, the name of which escapes me. Bill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
The third game was Raj also known as Beat the Buzzard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.