3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Looking for help remembering name of a game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Jeff Yelton
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi folks, hoping someone out their will recognize my description of a neat little game I had a chance to play when I lived in the UK. I was friends with an avid gamer and game designer and he had a knack for coming up with great little boardgames of his own, or discovering great little games our group had never heard of. One in particular was a German language game in which people were grouped into teams of 2 players and put in a row boat. The object was simple enough, row through a winding river, avoiding obstacles and rapids to get to the end first. The key was that although there were 2 people per boat, only one person won. The neat mechanic they used was that turns were done by boat, so when the first boat went, both players used a sort of "rock,paper,scissors" system where they would either row, defend, or attack. (there were small wooden objects people would hide in their hands and reveal at the same time to show what they were doing that turn)
So basically if you both rowed, you moved farther, if one attacked and the other defended, the boat would probably go backwards, etc, etc.
I'm sure I'm failing to completely describe the rules, but it was just a fun little game for 6 people to play and now that I live in Germany, I wanted to pick it up, but sadly, I can't remember the name to even find out if it's still available.
Hope someone can take my poor description and point me in the right direction
Thanks
IC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it

Flußpiraten ?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/561

Never played it, but loved Rette Sich.. and was hoping to find this one at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yelton
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks so much for the quick response. This sounds like it could be the game, it's been a few years. I don't remember the pieces looking quite so nice, and I thought I recalled it as a longer river. So since today is a Monday, I think I may head out and look for it, the next step will be finding instuctions in English, heheeheh.
My wife is from Holland and her German is pretty good, but I'm sure they've been translated somewhere.
Thanks again.
IC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.